• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Yeti on Windows 10 laptop sound output issue
(05-14-2021, 11:12 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: Yes, El Capitan is obsolete, but it is supported by the JK client. I keep that system running in case I need a backup to my newer Big Sur system.

I have the XP system running Sony Sound Forge 7.0 which is(was) a great WAV editor that has no replacement in the modern world.

My Yeti (THX) is the oldest one of the series; it's "class compliant" meaning there are no OS drivers to load. I can't find any firmware binaries to download from Blue either, so it could be difficult to resolve your friends issue. However, I think it's great you're going to take a swing at it.

-> update <- yes there may be something to help you with this issue:
https://www.bluemic.com/en-us/products/sherpa/

All I can suggest from this point is to try an alternate Windows logon (administrator privileges) and a clean install of JK, as well as removal of every audio device except the Yeti (disable integrated audio in BIOS so it doesn't get re-installed automatically). I reckon you are familiar with the standard troubleshooting methods.

Still, your friend might want to look into a Focusrite like you have....

We did find the Sherpa app -- thanks for digging around! Downloaded it on my mac with Catalina and app gives you know clue as to how to update firmware, nor check if firmware is latest. Friend on Win10 also downloaded and it apparently didn't do anything there as well.

My life is debugging tech for clients... one step at a time. My tech mantra is "It will yield to analysis." 

So this week there is a new JK app with so many changes that they want you to uninstall and then download and install new version... and reinstalling was already something for them to try. Haven't heard back from them yet. And trying a different admin login is always a good thing to try as well.

I'll report back once i hear anything. Focusrite and a good mic is totally an option.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blue Yeti on Windows 10 laptop sound output issue - by backinterrapin - 05-20-2021, 01:12 AM