• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Yeti on Windows 10 laptop sound output issue
(05-14-2021, 08:44 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: Hi Dan -

The only working Windows system I have is XP, which (I think) is not supported by JamKazam. I have a Mac running El Capitan and an old Yeti with the THX logo; that combination didn't work with JamKazam. Since I already had a Focusrite interface, and my primary instrument is keyboard, I decided not to use the Yeti for JK.

I believe that it could work for some people, but it's not the ideal setup.

Slartibartfast is very popular because his work is visible to just about everyone. I worked on under-sea geologic features that are virtually invisible and therefore never got much recognition. Fumaroles are perhaps an exception to that ;-}
Hi!

Thanks for filling me in on the details of your troubles with Yeti and that it was on older macOS. El Capitan is no longer supported by Apple and as such, i'm guessing that JK engineers may not be supporting it as well and Yeti not behaving in that situation. 

I use a Scarlett 2i2 for my bass and mic for vocals on Catalina. Works great. But for a brass instrument, Yeti is simple alternative for on the cheap to see if you want to get into using JK. 

XP!?!? You keeping that for fun, or has the sulphuric vapors from the fumaroles gone to your head? 🤪 You get to drive the sub when you are down there? Must be way cool. Or you drop cameras over the edge of the boat to check out stuff? 

I have a support ticket into JK as i am on the gold plan -- one of the reasons was to get support. So far they say if Yeti works with macOS, which it does, it should work with Windows 10. So far basic uninstall/reinstall JK app, rescan, make new profile to see if can get to work on Windows 10. Then if that doesn't work, it's to Yeti support to ask about drivers, and maybe even firmware updates. That the Yeti works on Windows with Zoom app is a big clue... what it means is not clear yet.

Later!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blue Yeti on Windows 10 laptop sound output issue - by backinterrapin - 05-14-2021, 10:20 PM