• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
JK is getting worse and worse since upgrade plan
As far as distortion goes, I have been playing with the Audio mixer and figured a few things out there.  If everybody puts out a clean signal on their end and make sure they are not clipping, it's a start.
Then there is compression/make-up gain to play with on each track but also on the master track (setting the master track right is important too. I had all nice signals on individual tracks but the master was clipping with the addition of everybody).
I personally send the master mix in Reaper where I add compression and reverb for my taste.  I experimented with plugins in Jamkazam but it is not very user friendly at the moment.

As far as latency goes, there as so many factors that comes into play.  But I can say that I have been playing with my band (5 members) and it went all smoothly.  Sometimes during a practice we may have to "resync" but overall it was pretty good.  I have also been playing with people in USA/Costa Rica and went pretty well (I am from Canada).  We were all on an internet speed between 100 and 400mb/s.

The latest update may show promise in improving things too with a fresh install.

Messages In This Thread
RE: JK is getting worse and worse since upgrade plan - by UPC04539 - 05-19-2021, 01:35 PM