• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behringer X1222 USB Working then Not Working
I have a Behringer X1222 USB mixer attached to a Windows 10 Pro, i7 laptop with SSD and 12GB of memory connected to my cable Internet provider with an Ethernet cable at 150mb down and 25mb up.  The board went from working to not working well or at all.  It worked through the ASIO4ALL drivers until this past Thursday, 4/2/2020 then all of a sudden the voice on one board channel was either crackling or the bass guitar that I play was clipping on the second board channel.  I tried numerous times to add, change or update the ASIO4ALL settings and/or use the local board CODECS without success.  Last night I uninstalled JK, ASIO4ALL rebooted and reinstalled both.  I changed ASIO4ALL setttings as suggested in different videos and finally got everything to work - except the bass can't be heard in a recording or in a session.  Nothing on the board or in the software is muted.  I can hear the bass locally through the board so it's not a board issue.  There's no output to JK on any channel that I try on the board.  The laptop will work with built-in mic and speaker with ASIO4ALL and JK but that does me no good.  Anyone have a similar experience with this or another board?

Thanks,

Ed.
A friend of mine and I were working on a similar issue last night where his Audio Gear configuration using an AVID/DigiDesign M-BOX2 audio interface was there and usable, then it just went away and stopped working.  Had to redefine the configuration, then it was there then went away again.

Saw in a list of Audio Interfaces that his is one that doesn't work at all with JamKazm.  Not sure what to do at this point.  Find another application that does work with his interface, or get another interface that DOES work well with JamKazm.

Joe
(04-06-2020, 01:08 PM)joec Wrote: A friend of mine and I were working on a similar issue last night where his Audio Gear configuration using an AVID/DigiDesign M-BOX2 audio interface was there and usable, then it just went away and stopped working.  Had to redefine the configuration, then it was there then went away again.

Saw in a list of Audio Interfaces that his is one that doesn't work at all with JamKazm.  Not sure what to do at this point.  Find another application that does work with his interface, or get another interface that DOES work well with JamKazm.

Joe

Thanks, Joe.  I know my mixer works with other apps AND it did work with JK.  My guess is that they updated something and my mixer not working now is a side effect.  I plan to wait this out since I have plenty of other things to do.  You may want to think about purchasing one of the working devices from Amazon, etc. for about $100 USD if you really want to pursue this.  If I wanted to put a number on it, I probably could have bought 6 devices with all the time that I spent trying to get the mixer working again.
Thanks eitankus (Ed) for the feedback.

Joe
I'm following up on my own post.

I saw under the list of working interfaces this item:

"Berhringer X1222USB working on Windows 10 Pro and working on macOS 10.8.5 with a latency of 8.79 ms on Jamkazam Build 1.20 - "1.0.3640" "

The current JK version is 1.0.3644 according to the app and my Behringer X1222USB did work but is no longer working. It works fine on anything else.
(04-11-2020, 12:38 AM)eitankus Wrote: I'm following up on my own post.

"Berhringer X1222USB working on Windows 10 Pro and working on macOS 10.8.5 with a latency of 8.79 ms on Jamkazam Build 1.20 - "1.0.3640" "

The current JK version is 1.0.3644 according to the app and my Behringer X1222USB did work but is no longer working.  It works fine on anything else.

Hi, eitankus! I'll see if I can make that more clear in the list (maybe 'Mac Jamkazam client Build 1.20 - "1.0.3640"'). I am using macOS, and the current version of the macOS client is Build 1.20 - "1.0.3640".

I think you're on Windows 10 Pro - is that right?  If so, perhaps the current Windows client is 1.0.3644? I'm not sure if version number parity is maintained between both apps.

Also, I think the Mac client was rolled back a few days ago.

Let me know if my understanding is correct. Thanks!
Kevin
eitankus, I tried using a Q802USB mixer which is a similar Behringer mixer. It has no OEM ASIO driver, instead uses the Windows native USB Audio CODEC driver (works well but does not have good latency). I attempted using the ASIO4ALL driver but wasn't able to improve latency (it actually got worse) or to keep the audio stable enough to be usable.
(04-11-2020, 04:00 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:

The current JK version is 1.0.3644 according to the app and my Behringer X1222USB did work but is no longer working.  It works fine on anything else.

Hi, eitankus! I'll see if I can make that more clear in the list (maybe 'Mac Jamkazam client Build 1.20 - "1.0.3640"'). I am using macOS, and the current version of the macOS client is Build 1.20 - "1.0.3640".

I think you're on Windows 10 Pro - is that right?  If so, perhaps the current Windows client is 1.0.3644? I'm not sure if version number parity is maintained between both apps.

Kevin,

Thanks for the follow up!

My configuration:

HP i7 laptop with 12GB memory and 1TB SSD running Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates.

The Windows build is different 1.20 - 1.0.3644.  I have checked and hard-refreshed the JK downloads page in case an update was posted.  No update.  About in my current app shows no changes either.  Most folks that I know or have heard from that are using Macs have few if any issues.

Best, Ed.
(04-11-2020, 02:39 PM)eitankus Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 04:00 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:

Kevin,

Thanks for the follow up!

My configuration:

HP i7 laptop with 12GB memory and 1TB SSD running Windows 10 Pro with the latest updates.

The Windows build is different 1.20 - 1.0.3644.  I have checked and hard-refreshed the JK downloads page in case an update was posted.  No update.  About in my current app shows no changes either.  Most folks that I know or have heard from that are using Macs have few if any issues.

Best, Ed.

Thanks for the information, Ed! I've added a "Current Version of JamKazam Client for Mac/Windows" line to the top of the audio interface list.
Kevin
(04-05-2020, 04:14 PM)eitankus Wrote: I have a Behringer X1222 USB mixer attached to a Windows 10 Pro, i7 laptop with SSD and 12GB of memory connected to my cable Internet provider with an Ethernet cable at 150mb down and 25mb up.  The board went from working to not working well or at all.  It worked through the ASIO4ALL drivers until this past Thursday, 4/2/2020 then all of a sudden the voice on one board channel was either crackling or the bass guitar that I play was clipping on the second board channel.  I tried numerous times to add, change or update the ASIO4ALL settings and/or use the local board CODECS without success.  Last night I uninstalled JK, ASIO4ALL rebooted and reinstalled both.  I changed ASIO4ALL setttings as suggested in different videos and finally got everything to work - except the bass can't be heard in a recording or in a session.  Nothing on the board or in the software is muted.  I can hear the bass locally through the board so it's not a board issue.  There's no output to JK on any channel that I try on the board.  The laptop will work with built-in mic and speaker with ASIO4ALL and JK but that does me no good.  Anyone have a similar experience with this or another board?

Thanks,

Ed.

Here's an update to my reported issue as of 4/16/2020.

I have been checking the forums for a resolution.  I've seen various postings that ASIO4All on PC doesn't work well and that the original Behringer drivers are best.  I downloaded the latter from a link someone provided on one of the forums and installed the drivers.  They showed up correctly in Device Manager under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers.  I opened JK and downloaded and installed the required update to 1.03657.  I attempted to add the mixer as new Audio Gear but the latency was too high.  I finally got the latency low enough with the Behringer driver on the input side and the Behringer codes for WDM on the output.  I started a solo session and started talking on my mic and plucking my bass.  I could hear both - twice.  I was getting an echo back on both.  I hit Record and then played it back.  I got an echo back on my voice and my bass in the recording.  I closed JK and tried again.  No echo through the mixer.  I tried various other combinations with and without the Behringer drivers or Codecs but either latency was too high or I got an echo on my voice and bass.