• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Improving Input / output jitter performance?
Hello, I would be very appreciate of any tips for improving my input and output jitter. All my performance metrics are green apart from these two which fluctuate wildly between green, yellow and red.  I have a PC / Windows 10 and use a Behringer U-Phoria UMC audio interface / ASIO drivers. Thank you.
Any I/O tasks your computer performs can momentarily increase jitter. Moving your mouse or typing on the keyboard can do it, and running additional processes (apps/plugins) can contribute.

Main thing is - are you hearing distortion or artifacts? Is the session hanging up or dropping out?

If your answer is "no" to either question, then you don't have a problem. If you answer "yes", then it's time to look closely at all the factors.
(02-05-2021, 09:53 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: Any I/O tasks your computer performs can momentarily increase jitter. Moving your mouse or typing on the keyboard can do it, and running additional processes (apps/plugins) can contribute.

Main thing is - are you hearing distortion or artifacts? Is the session hanging up or dropping out?

If your answer is "no" to either question, then you don't have a problem. If you answer "yes", then it's time to look closely at all the factors.
Thanks for the reply Zlarti. No, neither distortion nor artifacts, likely cause of latency however. When hovering over this performance metric while in session, message suggests that this contributes to latency. In session, partner and I experience the latency. He sees me as yellow and red, despite all my other performance metrics being green. This suggests to me that the jitter is a major factor. The frustrating thing i’m running nothing on this computer - bought it just to run JamKazam.
I often see my indicators going green/red, and those of my jam partner(s). In the past, it was a sign that we might be about to drop the session, but I haven't had anything like that happening recently.

I think maybe the indicators are just a little too "sensitive"