• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Kamkazam work in Europe / Germany?
Hi there,
I am starting with Jamkazam in Germany. Until now I could not get the latency between two PC´s below 70ms. Each individual PC by itself looks o.k. (around 11ms).

Is that perhaps the delay to Jamkazam servers in the US? Is there a chance to get it to work in Europe?

Many thanks for your feedback!  Smile

RoSchu
(01-28-2021, 10:24 PM)RoSchu500@Googlemail.com Wrote: Hi there,
I am starting with Jamkazam in Germany. Until now I could not get the latency between two PC´s below 70ms. Each individual PC by itself looks o.k. (around 11ms).

Is that perhaps the delay to Jamkazam servers in the US? Is there a chance to get it to work in Europe?

Many thanks for your feedback!  Smile

RoSchu

>>>
Geographical location to 'the server in the US' is of no influence to your session latencies between peers. The server is only there to set up the session. All audio (&video) is (by choice) peer-to-peer (p2p) and wouldn't touch the server in the US.

Your in-session latencies are fully dependent on your internet-/LAN-connection quality, your audio interface/external sound card and your computers processing capabilities. Tweaking some local settings will possibly aid in getting better numbers.
Did you follow documentation, YT-videos, info on this forum & FB to get things 'tuned' right?

It 'works' just fine in Europe. In NL we achieve well under 20ms p2p during band practice.

Are you on a 'premium' plan?

D./
Many thanks for your great answer!
RoSchu