• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot upgrade from free
I have been repeatedly trying to upgrade to the silver plan for the last two days. I have added payment info etc, but each time I try it says i'm already on the silver plan and no charges have been made. Yet in my account it still says I'm on the free plan. With barely any time left, and no video functionality I'd like this fixed ASAP. I'm trying to pay, the service should at least work to allow me to do that.
(01-18-2021, 05:39 AM)sonjacholness@gmail.com Wrote: I have been repeatedly trying to upgrade to the silver plan for the last two days. I have added payment info etc, but each time I try it says i'm already on the silver plan and no charges have been made. Yet in my account it still says I'm on the free plan. With barely any time left, and no video functionality I'd like this fixed ASAP. I'm trying to pay, the service should at least work to allow me to do that.

>>>
Hi, are tying that via the website or from within the app?

Did you report your findings at support@jamkazam.com ?
I have tried both in the app and through the web browser. Either nothing happens, or it goes through and charges my card twice but then nothing happens. The transactions drop off with no explanation why and I'm still stuck on free member$p. Tried support but since I"m only signing up to silver plan they aren't interested in helping. You can apparently only get support on Gold or Platinum plans. Also having a hell of a lot of issue with getting my playing partner up and running. Sample rate issues, no audio etc. In the last month we've spent about 12 hours troubleshooting Jamkazam and maybe two hours of actual playing over zoon since we can't get this program to work as it should. Frustrating that we are now being asked to pay for something that consistently has issues. I'd be happy to get the gold plan and access support if i could pay for it!
(02-07-2021, 07:31 AM)sonjacholness@gmail.com Wrote: I have tried both in the app and through the web browser. Either nothing happens, or it goes through and charges my card twice but then nothing happens. The transactions drop off with no explanation why and I'm still stuck on free member$p. Tried support but since I"m only signing up to silver plan they aren't interested in helping. You can apparently only get support on Gold or Platinum plans. Also having a hell of a lot of issue with getting my playing partner up and running. Sample rate issues, no audio etc. In the last month we've spent about 12 hours troubleshooting Jamkazam and maybe two hours of actual playing over zoon since we can't get this program to work as it should. Frustrating that we are now being asked to pay for something that consistently has issues. I'd be happy to get the gold plan and access support if i could pay for it!

>>>
Well, "them not being interested in helping" is stretching it a bit I guess.

Anyway, did you send a (short) mail explaining? - put something like 'can't sign-up for Gold Plan' in the subject.

Getting people like you (and me) on a payed plan is the business model here. So providing help in doing so is of interest.
I still can't upgrade for free. The transaction hits my account, and sits there pending for a few days then just drops off. My bank isn't refusing the transaction so I'm stumped. I think I may just give up on this app, its great when it works. But 9 times out of 10 it doesn't work. My friend and I had it working perfectly, until it updated again. Now he cannot hear me, nothing changed on the settings so we are stumped. We have the same equipment too, so it makes no sense why mine works and his doesn't. I even remotely configured it and set it up for him, but the errors we keep getting are ridiculous at this point. But yes, I will email them and give them my feedback. If they want to make money from this they need to ensure the software is actually working!
(02-07-2021, 07:31 AM)sonjacholness@gmail.com Wrote: I have tried both in the app and through the web browser. Either nothing happens, or it goes through and charges my card twice but then nothing happens. The transactions drop off with no explanation why and I'm still stuck on free member$p. Tried support but since I"m only signing up to silver plan they aren't interested in helping. You can apparently only get support on Gold or Platinum plans. Also having a hell of a lot of issue with getting my playing partner up and running. Sample rate issues, no audio etc. In the last month we've spent about 12 hours troubleshooting Jamkazam and maybe two hours of actual playing over zoon since we can't get this program to work as it should. Frustrating that we are now being asked to pay for something that consistently has issues. I'd be happy to get the gold plan and access support if i could pay for it!

I can't pay for an upgrade either. For me, the problem starts even earlier; the app refers me to the web browser to update my payment details, but in the browser none of the buttons in the menu for updating payment details work. I use Safari 14.0.3 on a Macbook Air with MacOS 10.15.7.
I would like to upgrade to have less latency trouble and more play time with more people. My band mates have told me how well it works for them and they have the Gold subscription.
OP,

You are not alone. I feel your pain. I had JamKazam on a windows 7 machine and all was working fine up til an update this summer. Then it just wouldn't work anymore. So I cancelled my subscription payments. Eventually I upgraded to windows 10 and have the exact same problem as you. Though I tried the gold plan as well, with the same zero results. Eventually I found that only way around it was to create a new account. What a pain in the hoop though. Ridiculous software altogether.