• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iSight camera mac activation
Has anyone gotten the built in iSight camera in their Mac to work with jamkazam? 
Trying to set up video, I get a message saying there is no video camera found.
So can jamkazam use the iSight camera? if so, how did you set that up?
Hey Jim, there seems to be an issue using a camera on the new OS on Mac with JK. Sorry I don't have any answers to help
They are working on an update to fix that issue
Have the same issue...
Not able to activate the camera...
Im also having issues with video. Audio was working great until today. Sadly.

Anyway, Im trying to use my iPhone 11 as a web cam. I certainly should be able to, and Im using a program called "Epocam". Works seamlessly on many applications. JK acts like it "sees it", the "epocham" but does not use the video feed. This app might actually be a good solution for a lot of users if JK recognized it. My two cents.
Same problem on macbook pro
(03-28-2020, 09:24 PM)Jim Reeves Wrote: Has anyone gotten the built in iSight camera in their Mac to work with jamkazam? 
I am using the iSight cam for JK on iMac/10.14.6. go to System preferences/security&privacy/privacy. In the left window select camera, in the right window find JamKazam and click its check box. that should do it.
(03-30-2020, 06:28 PM)jglittle64 Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 09:24 PM)Jim Reeves Wrote: Has anyone gotten the built in iSight camera in their Mac to work with jamkazam? 
I am using the iSight cam for JK on iMac/10.14.6. go to System preferences/security&privacy/privacy. In the left window select camera, in the right window find JamKazam and click its check box. that should do it.
I'm having the same issue.

From my research on this subject, the reason is that the JamKazam app needs to be updated to be compatible with Mac OS X Catalina.

The same webcam I tried that didn't work on Catalina works perfectly on High Sierra. 

I guess will have to wait for an update.
I had the same problem (JamKazam not recognizing built-in camera for setup: MacBook with OS 10.125.4), but when I started a session, then clicked on the video button, I received a dialog to grant permission for JamKazam to use the camera, which I granted, and camera (video) worked fine.
(03-31-2020, 09:54 PM)ricecgr Wrote: I had the same problem  (JamKazam not recognizing built-in camera for setup: MacBook with OS 10.125.4), but when I started a session, then clicked on the video button, I received a dialog to grant permission for JamKazam to use the camera, which I granted, and camera (video) worked fine.
Did not work for me.
JK is aware of the issue and an updated MAC version is forthcoming.