• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new MacBook - JK does not detect any webcams - yikes
I did some add'l rummaging around and discovered that when I start a session and click <video> from that interface I get "your current plan doesn't allow video". This leaves two possibilities.1) JK doesn't ask for camera access if you're trying it out for free hence the "no video detected" message which would be much better (and comforting) if it said "sorry no video while you're trying it out for free" (cough, cough). or 2) JK actually doesn't detect a camera and if I subscribe I still might not be able to use video. So ... the question then is ... has anyone been able to use the video with the free version. I intend to subscribe but would feel better if I knew that the no video detected message really just means subscribe.  .... has anyone used the free version with video successfully? I did several months ago but at this moment ... well, I'll not repeat myself. I did spend a good bit of time mucking around with this. Am I missing a free trial? That'd be optimal as that would allow me to answer the question for myself.

(01-09-2021, 09:35 PM)Jamkazam Wrote: We are going to need a few months to upgrade how our video works.

In the meantime, the only suggestion we can make is to reboot; I know, that's not a good answer, and it is not guaranteed to worok. 

But upgrading our video code is a major undertaking -- it's already underway,

Oh ... just read this again. Yikes ... so if I'm understanding correctly, even if I subscribe I won't be able to use video for a few months. I work in IT and I get it. But to verify ... subscribe but no video for quite a while. Hmm... think, think, think. FYI reboot didn't fly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: new MacBook - JK does not detect any webcams - yikes - by plsullivan - 01-09-2021, 10:02 PM