• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux beta version: no recording?
I downloaded and installed the Linux Beta version of Jamkazam. All works well (no video, but I don't mind). But I can't seem te record a session... Is this due to the beta version, of can it be overcome? With the recording available, I think it will be useable for me...
(12-27-2020, 10:51 AM)Nassara Wrote: I downloaded and installed the Linux Beta version of Jamkazam. All works well (no video, but I don't mind). But I can't seem te record a session... Is this due to the beta version, of can it be overcome? With the recording available, I think it will be useable for me...

>>>
That's great. I have not been that lucky on Fedora workstation yet. ( ... have not given up on it yet ;-))

What I don't understand is why 'a lot of jammers' feel that the recording functionality in the app is so important.??

JKz has been conceived to allow for live playing together from different locations. All the other tools are just candy.
Furthermore, there are so many better ways of recording your audio on a computer ... .
I agree, and send my personal mix to a digital recorder - I tend to record the whole session then go back and edit it in my DAW and send round takes which are worth studying. This seems to me to involve less work than reclaiming the in-app recordings. I intend to play with the in-app recording facility some more, I just keep putting it off since I have this solution.
Okay... well, I'm new to Jamkazam, and the fact that you can record seperate tracks of the instruments together with the mix interesting... 
i did not thought of recording with a seperate program...