• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Define default network?
Hi, 

Is there a setting to define a default network?  
I use wired for jamkazam but also have an open wireless connection to control my XR 18.  There is no internet connection on the wireless and Jamkazam seems to prefer the wireless fails to open.  I have to disconnect wireless, open jamkazam (now finds the wired connection) then reconnect wireless and XR18.  
It's doable but inconvenient.    
Is there a setting (like default gateway) to prevent this?

Thanks!
Kevin
(12-16-2020, 03:37 PM)ksipp01 Wrote: Hi, 

I use wired for jamkazam but also have an open wireless connection to control my XR 18.  There is no internet connection on the wireless and Jamkazam seems to prefer the wireless fails to open.  I have to disconnect wireless, open jamkazam (now finds the wired connection) then reconnect wireless and XR18.  

Thanks!
Kevin
>>>
Why not connect your XR18 by wire as well? (eth <> router)
(12-16-2020, 08:32 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

Thanks!
Kevin
>>>
Only have 1 ethernet connection. 
I suppose I could use another USB adapter but might it still pick the wrong one? 

thank you!
(12-17-2020, 02:57 PM)ksipp01 Wrote:

Thanks!
Kevin
>>>
I suppose I could use another USB adapter but might it still pick the wrong one? 

thank you!

>>>
I mean direct into your router/switch.
The XR18 will get an IP on your lan and will be available on all compatible devices on your network.

NB - that's how I have mine setup since it doesn't have to leave the studio.
(12-17-2020, 03:40 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 02:57 PM)ksipp01 Wrote:

Thanks!
Kevin
>>>

thank you!

>>>
I mean direct into your router/switch.
The XR18 will get an IP on your lan and will be available on all compatible devices on your network.

NB - that's how I have mine setup since it doesn't have to leave the studio.

Ahh. of course!... good point!  (read me saying Duh  ;-) )  I'll find a switch or run another long cat 5
Thank you!!