• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hearing other inputs exp internet
hello, I'm in Miscellaneous because I guess this isn't relevant to jamkazam, and I don't really know how to search this, I hope my thread subject is clear enough.

I very recently got my gear driver in order, moving from asio4all to the right asio driver, and found myself dealing with track configuration which I don't recall before.... but maybe that isn't relevant.

once the dust settled, I'm making an association here, I found that I could no longer hear other input through my headphones when connected to my audio interface - for example, I can't hear anything on youtube, so I have now have to plug my headphones into another port.... is this normal? is there a way I can configure the audio interface to act as my normal soundcard again? I suppose that is what I want.

thanks in advance
(12-08-2020, 08:58 AM)Ian (France) Wrote: hello, I'm in Miscellaneous because I guess this isn't relevant to jamkazam, and I don't really know how to search this, I hope my thread subject is clear enough.

I very recently got my gear driver in order, moving from asio4all to the right asio driver, and found myself dealing with track configuration which I don't recall before.... but maybe that isn't relevant.

once the dust settled, I'm making an association here, I found that I could no longer hear other input through my headphones when connected to my audio interface - for example, I can't hear anything on youtube, so I have now have to plug my headphones into another port.... is this normal? is there a way I can configure the audio interface to act as my normal soundcard again? I suppose that is what I want.

thanks in advance
>>>
Hi Ian,
For working with JamKazam/Jamulus/SonoBus/DAW/etc. you'll need to listen to the USB/DAW-only signal. So, local-/direct monitoring OFF.

For other uses you'll have to turn ON 'local/direct monitoring' on your audio interface. And have your audio interface selected as (input/-) output device in your OS (WIN/MAC/...)
thanks again Dimitri, I'll have a look at that