• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interface unreadable on 3000x2000 13" screen
Bug 
Not exactly a bug, but text in the client is too small to read on a 13" 3000 x 2000 pixel screen. (Microsoft Surface Book in this case)

If I use <ctl><+> to enlarge fonts, text covers some items, such as the search field.

I have to use the grandad magnifier accessibility feature or a real-world magnifier!
(04-04-2020, 05:28 AM)RodneyBerry Wrote: Not exactly a bug, but text in the client is too small to read on a 13" 3000 x 2000 pixel screen. (Microsoft Surface Book in this case)

If I use <ctl><+> to enlarge fonts, text covers some items, such as the search field.

I have to use the grandad magnifier accessibility feature or a real-world magnifier!

Hi, RodneyBerry! Bob K.'s post on changing the scaling might help. It's here: https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...resolution
(04-04-2020, 01:25 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 05:28 AM)RodneyBerry Wrote: Not exactly a bug, but text in the client is too small to read on a 13" 3000 x 2000 pixel screen. (Microsoft Surface Book in this case)

Hi, RodneyBerry! Bob K.'s post on changing the scaling might help. It's here: https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...resolution
That seems to have sorted it out. Thanks! (will also use that trick to sort out several other programs)
High performance mode is available in Control Panel>sounds>
(04-04-2020, 05:28 AM)RodneyBerry Wrote: Same problem, this post worked for me:

You may need to set the scaling for the JamKazam program if you are using a high DPI display on Win 10.

Step 1) Press the windows Key to bring up the programs list; scroll down to JamKazam and RIGHT click on the program name (you may have to open the JamKazam folder); a menu will pop out to the right; select 'more...> Open File Location'.  This will take you to where the JamKazam program is downloaded.

Step 2) RIGHT click on the file JamKazam; a menu will pop up on the left - select 'Properties' at the bottom of the menu;  this will pop up a new window; select the 'Compatibility' tab at the top of the window; at the bottom of that window select 'Change high DPI settings'; at the bottom of the new window enable 'Override high DPI scaling behavior'; use the drop-down list below that to select ,System (Enhanced)'; select OK; select Apply.

Step 3) Run JamKazam and it should open with the correct scaling.  You must close and reopen JamKazam for this to take effect.

This process will work for almost any program with small fonts on high DPI displays using Windows 10.
(05-09-2020, 03:05 PM)Buster Green Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 05:28 AM)RodneyBerry Wrote: Same problem, this post worked for me:

You may need to set the scaling for the JamKazam program if you are using a high DPI display on Win 10.

Step 1) Press the windows Key to bring up the programs list; scroll down to JamKazam and RIGHT click on the program name (you may have to open the JamKazam folder); a menu will pop out to the right; select 'more...> Open File Location'.  This will take you to where the JamKazam program is downloaded.

Step 2) RIGHT click on the file JamKazam; a menu will pop up on the left - select 'Properties' at the bottom of the menu;  this will pop up a new window; select the 'Compatibility' tab at the top of the window; at the bottom of that window select 'Change high DPI settings'; at the bottom of the new window enable 'Override high DPI scaling behavior'; use the drop-down list below that to select ,System (Enhanced)'; select OK; select Apply.

Step 3) Run JamKazam and it should open with the correct scaling.  You must close and reopen JamKazam for this to take effect.

This process will work for almost any program with small fonts on high DPI displays using Windows 10.

I'm on a Surface Book and this method worked for me. However, closing JamKazam and reopening didn't do the trick. I had to reboot. I started JamKazam on a freshly booted system, maximized the window and it shows great.