• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Yeti iMac macOS Mojave digital distortion
Hi,

So trying to get my band all set up on JK. Got two working with JK using Scarletts (mic and guitar for one, mic and keys for other). Now working with a third who is sax. THey have a Blue Yeti. 

I hear them fine in the session. But they have digital distortion in their mix. Tried:

1. different headphones
  2. restarting iMac
  3. disconnecting Yeti and reconnecting

The Yeti user previously was on MacBook Pro without this issue. Hadn't tried with iMac until now. Needs an adapter to get to USB-C to go back to MacBook Pro. So more to try.

Anyone had similar issues with Yeti? It is on the list of works with JK.

Stay safe,
Dan
Here is a recording of what the Yeti user hears in their headphones... used their iPhone to record from the headphones.

https://ln.sync.com/dl/80bd293f0/zv4fag2...q-q2gqv5kw

When they use the Yeti in other situations, no issue with the sound coming from the headphones through the Yeti headphone port.

We tried with 4 band members. The musicians not using the Yeti heard the Yeti user perfectly.

Peace,
Dan
that sounds like a sample rate mismatch. I think the Yeti's sample rate is fixed @ 48kHz. Maybe try plugging the headphones into the computer's headphone jack?

the Yeti user would need to specify the "Built-in Output" for the audio output device. I tried this on my Mac /El Capitan and it worked, but I had to set the frame size to 1 in order to get acceptable latency. My Yeti is first-gen (the one that has the THX logo on it).