• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inconsistent static
I returned to Jamkazam for the winter weather after rehearsing and performing outside until now. I noticed a lot of inconsistent static today in a duo session. It would appear, I would leave the session and return without static for a while, then it would return and I would repeat. Most of my diagnostics were green, but jitter alternated between green and yellow. Let me know what you think.
Larry
(11-24-2020, 05:25 PM)mcdon056@umn.edu Wrote: I returned to Jamkazam for the winter weather after rehearsing and performing outside until now. I noticed a lot of inconsistent static today in a duo session. It would appear, I would leave the session and return without static for a while, then it would return and I would repeat. Most of my diagnostics were green, but jitter alternated between green and yellow. Let me know what you think.
Larry

>>>
Are you using a laptop/macbook? On mains? 'High Power' scheme?
(11-24-2020, 09:29 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 05:25 PM)mcdon056@umn.edu Wrote: I returned to Jamkazam for the winter weather after rehearsing and performing outside until now. I noticed a lot of inconsistent static today in a duo session. It would appear, I would leave the session and return without static for a while, then it would return and I would repeat. Most of my diagnostics were green, but jitter alternated between green and yellow. Let me know what you think.
Larry

>>>

I use a Windows tablet on high power with a PreSonus AudioBoxiTwo with buffer/sample rate at 64. The static is in my headphones as well as my colleague’s.
(11-27-2020, 04:39 PM)mcdon056@umn.edu Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 09:29 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
Larry

>>>

I use a Windows tablet on high power with a PreSonus AudioBoxiTwo with buffer/sample rate at 64. The static is in my headphones as well as my colleague’s.

>>>
Assuming your colleague is also on mains(?)

Furthermore, "static" or crackling can have so many causes it's rather hard to diagnose with the scarce info given.
Having too challenging settings for the eqpt used is a major cause for many jammers. A simple thing as 'un-ticking' the 'safe mode' in your ASIO setup will even cause this.