• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Independent mapping, independent filter...
(04-05-2020, 03:09 AM)jamjam Wrote: Also, check your connectivity with the following steps.
1. Go to your router setting and enable UPnP (or NatPNP if you have an apple router)
2. Call your ISP and ask them to ensure that you have a public IP address assigned to your router and not a private one.
3. Add the JamKazam app to your allowed list of apps in your windows/mac firewall app setting
After that, try running the Network Tests. If you and everyone you want to play with pass the network test, then you should be able to get into a session. We are working on improving session connectivity, so stay tuned!  If no network test server is available, just try to join a session.

I've set up 1 (UPnP in my router), 2 (verified my IP being a public IP and was able to ping myself from work) and 3 set JamKazam in the list of apps that are allowed to have incoming connections. In addition I've experimented with all additional suggestions, such as port forwarding. However on launch the application still comes at me with the same message and details as the topic of this thread.

I've tried to do the network test for multiple times a day for the last few days without luck. 

Occasionally I can get sound across, from my iMac to a laptop in the same room. However with mixed results.
- Most of the time there's just No Audio at all (which is also indicated by a "No Audio?" text in the user field).
- Sometimes the above disappears after a few seconds and audio may come across to the other device, but:
1. Variable latency (I've experienced variable latency from very acceptable all the way to no audio at all (and all in betweens) in the same session.
2. Very acceptable, but noticeable latency, with no discernible variations.
3. My personal favorite, the tremolo (audio fragments that drop out at quite a constant rate).
4. Audio from only 1 out of 4 joined participants.

NOTE: all of the above was without rebooting either machine. Just by leaving and rejoining the same session. I'm getting to a point were I'll give up trying. I've spend over 40 hours in youtube video's, forum reading, router configurations and app settings. Yet still I can't confidently start a session and invite people, because it will probably not work.

What am I doing wrong, except for still trying to get this work? (I probably like the idea too much to give up).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Independent mapping, independent filter... - by Merrr - 04-12-2020, 01:00 PM