• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamkazam is moving onto Paid Subscriptions. Donors and volunteers' thoughts?
(12-06-2020, 12:31 AM)creynbud Wrote: Regarding those who donated, they mentioned that if anyone who donated over $50 can email them and maybe work out a deal which would be fair.  I donated because this could be a very handy tool regarding remote practice with my small band.  And if it is worth the money, I will likely be a subscriber.
My worry for this business model is their success depends on subscriptions.  What happens if there are not enough subscriptions to fund the application moving forward?  Definitely in these times, many musicians are looking for ways to jam with each other remotely.  Hopefully some money will be spent on marketing.  The biggest pole in the tent is if the app doesn't satisfy the users, the subscriptions will not be there.  Hopefully this will take off.
 Well, here's the thing. If this continues to be free,  it won't improve and it won't be sustainable. Whatever subscribers they get (and I'm thinking that a lot of us who have been pretty much daily users since March will subscribe) will be more than they had  before and it's likely to take off. I've been pretty impressed with the impovements so far: my musical partner and I can now play pretty much at full speed without gettting out of sync. And although we still have to use the "resync" button regularly, crashes aren't usually a big problem. Yeah, they happen, but they're not frequent and it's easy to restart.

So here's hoping enough subscribe to give  a couple of engineers a full-time job!

Cindy Harris
Pittsburgh, PA

Messages In This Thread
Impact of audio stream quality rates? - by DaveK - 12-04-2020, 09:37 PM
JK moving to paid subscription - by Jonasg - 12-04-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: Jamkazam is moving onto Paid Subscriptions. Donors and volunteers' thoughts? - by cah329a - 12-06-2020, 04:35 AM