• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamkazam is moving onto Paid Subscriptions. Donors and volunteers' thoughts?
Dimitri, and others,

What would be the example of ‘The other platforms/apps/programs also have been on the ball for the last 8 months.’, and would you care to share them? (Whether it be an app, or website/forum) Thank you.

Seeing Jamkazam quietly posting paid subscription plan on their website while still accepting donations, is worth an orange flag for me. If I would guess Jamkazam operators’ priorities based on the conduct we see, asking ‘What’s next then?’ and staying informed about alternatives would be a fair thing to do if nothing else.

I have less problem with their pricing than I have with the paid plan quietly being introduced while still taking donations, disclosing the plan directly to past and future donors would only be fair, unless donors were instead buying shares. I also wish to see a rough budget breakdown on how the money is helping them get the Jamkazam on track. Any amount of money can do very many things, or very little things, accountability/transparency can help it do better.
As for the pricing, whatever they charge, people will either stay or leave. The software still being hard to depend on with half the features working for only some people some of the time, security concerns etc. would affect customers’ decision as well. I hope this rather pioneering platform won’t drop the ball on the donors and volunteers goodwill, or make shady or greedy choices.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jamkazam is moving onto Paid Subscriptions. Donors and volunteers' thoughts? - by Yoon Lee - 10-27-2020, 09:57 PM
Impact of audio stream quality rates? - by DaveK - 12-04-2020, 09:37 PM
JK moving to paid subscription - by Jonasg - 12-04-2020, 11:12 PM