• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Intermittent 100% packet loss
We use JK 3 or 4 times a week and this problem is happening muliple times in every session. Everything is working fine then the audio path between 2 people starts cutting out.  The internet packet loss shows 100% for both people but it only last a couple of seconds then it's fine. But once it starts, that connection will keep cutting in and out. Nobody else in the session is effected. Re-syncing, re-entering the session does not fix it, we have to start a new session and have everybody rejoin. This will usually work for awhile and then the problem reappears, sometimes between the same two people but sometimes between 2 different people.

We are typically all local with good gear and hi speed fibre internet and have no latency issues. It happens between Windows clients and between Windows and Macs.

Any ideas??? Thanks.
Having the same problem to the extent that its becoming almost impossible to get a session going for longer than a couple of songs. leaving and re-entering the session will fix but issue will re-occur. its making it very hard to use..

I have had many months of no issues prior.
(10-19-2020, 12:56 AM)rbw747 Wrote: We use JK 3 or 4 times a week and this problem is happening muliple times in every session. Everything is working fine then the audio path between 2 people starts cutting out.  The internet packet loss shows 100% for both people but it only last a couple of seconds then it's fine. But once it starts, that connection will keep cutting in and out. Nobody else in the session is effected. Re-syncing, re-entering the session does not fix it, we have to start a new session and have everybody rejoin. This will usually work for awhile and then the problem reappears, sometimes between the same two people but sometimes between 2 different people.

We are typically all local with good gear and hi speed fibre internet and have no latency issues. It happens between Windows clients and between Windows and Macs.

Any ideas??? Thanks.
It's a thing for sure. The Oct 17 update seemed to make crashes  like that more frequent: I have one jamming partner who was consistently cra$ng like this. Leaving and restarting the app mostly fixed it, but sometimes he had to restart his whole system (OSX). There was another update yesterday and we had no trouble at all last night, so maybe they've finally squashed that bug.
(10-20-2020, 01:59 PM)cah329a Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 12:56 AM)rbw747 Wrote: We use JK 3 or 4 times a week and this problem is happening muliple times in every session. Everything is working fine then the audio path between 2 people starts cutting out.  The internet packet loss shows 100% for both people but it only last a couple of seconds then it's fine. But once it starts, that connection will keep cutting in and out. Nobody else in the session is effected. Re-syncing, re-entering the session does not fix it, we have to start a new session and have everybody rejoin. This will usually work for awhile and then the problem reappears, sometimes between the same two people but sometimes between 2 different people.

Any ideas??? Thanks.
It's a thing for sure. The Oct 17 update seemed to make crashes  like that more frequent: I have one jamming partner who was consistently cra$ng like this. Leaving and restarting the app mostly fixed it, but sometimes he had to restart his whole system (OSX). There was another update yesterday and we had no trouble at all last night, so maybe they've finally squashed that bug.

Our ensemble of 6, all in the same city (Montreal, Quebec) experienced the same issue last evening POST Installation of the latest update. It took us 40 minutes to establish our first session which only lasted for a few minutes. Very frustrating.

Our ensemble of 6, all in the same city (Montreal, Quebec) experienced the same issue last evening POST Installation of the latest update. It took us 40 minutes to establish our first session which only lasted for a few minutes. Very frustrating.
We're having the "sound between two participants randomly cutting out" problem a lot with our daily jam. These problems started with the 10/17 upgrade and have not been fixed with any subsequent update. Very frustrating.

I would consider correcting this problem to be a #1 priority. It will very quickly cause people to stop using JK.
I too have experienced this, and yes, it is frustrating.  I host a private session Tuesday evenings, and I plan on ensuring all participants are using the same Network settings (Manage/Network Settings / Route) to begin with, in order to start troubleshooting this problem (maybe a suggestion for you?).  Like many, having folks leave and re-enter the session usually fixes the problem - for a while, anyways.  It may be related to players latencies exceeding a certain level also.  If anyone has done any troubleshooting in this regard, or has found a workaround, or has any ideas to try to resolve the issue, please let us know here...
(10-21-2020, 11:04 PM)Terles Wrote: I too have experienced this, and yes, it is frustrating.  I host a private session Tuesday evenings, and I plan on ensuring all participants are using the same Network settings (Manage/Network Settings / Route) to begin with, in order to start troubleshooting this problem (maybe a suggestion for you?).  Like many, having folks leave and re-enter the session usually fixes the problem - for a while, anyways.  It may be related to players latencies exceeding a certain level also.  If anyone has done any troubleshooting in this regard, or has found a workaround, or has any ideas to try to resolve the issue, please let us know here...

Thank you and yes, we've been using the same settings.  In fact last evening I went out to experiment with a myriad of other settings during our sessions and found no help no matter what settings I used, so unfortunately things like using the same network don't necessarily fix this problem.

This evening's session was noticeably better after the 10/21 client update, so if the JK developers tried to correct some of this, thank you, it's a bit better.  However, we did still have the same drop out problem every once in a while between random session participants during our hour session, so speaking as a former systems programmer, application developer and systems analyst, it sounds like there are multiple problems related to this issue... 

Having been in this situation, I'm very sympathetic to people trying to re-program and enhance old applications while they are in use, and I get it that issues like this can be deeply nuanced.  To the JK developers, thank you, and please keep working on these drop-out issues, as they are really where the rubber meets the road for the majority of the JK session participants I'm in contact with daily.

-- DH
Just a quick follow-up.  This evening's session had fewer people in it (6).  During the session participantx came in and after a few minutes could not hear participantz who the rest of us could hear.  Participantx had to leave the session two or three times, in doing so leaving multiple ghost particopantx's, in order to finally rejoin and be able to hear everyone.  No one else had such serious issues this evening.

So this is still a problem, and even with smaller sessions, but not as serious as with previous updates since the 10/17 update.
Happening again to me today.
I don't think I've had a good session for a while its becoming real frustrating.
it was a fairly stable platform not anymore.
After installing yesterdays 10/22 update we had a trouble free 2 hr session. Interestingly the default setting for Network Settings/Route is now Prefer peer to peer path. Previously it was Prefer low latency path. Really hoping this has fixed the problem.