• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting Logic and JamKazam to talk to each other
Does anyone have any tips on getting JK and Logic to talk to each other.  I've messed with Loopback, it seems to crash JK.  I can't get Soundflower to install (possibly because I'm still on High Sierra).  With Zoom, Logic needs to use the Zoom Audio Device then it works, albeit begrudgingly.  There seems to be no such thing with JK.  

Any help is appreciated.

DanRad
Hi Dan. JK is not meant as a DAW remote recording platform, but rather simply (it's anything but simple, actually...) a near real-time jamming platform, hence the name. It does provide some recording of jam sessions, although some folks experience problems with this. Those files could be imported later into a DAW, but given the timing inaccuracies, even under optimal circumstances, would not yield worthwhile recordings - I imagine the individual tracks would look like multiple Slinky springs in the DAW.... It also provide the opportunity to play along with audio files. Unfortunately these must be .wav files, and not .mp3's, but you could export your existing DAW recordings as .wav and use those. Given JK's primary objective of jamming, it's client internal processing and buffer sizes are optimized for the minimum possible latency (even sacrificing some audio quality), so that the Internet link latency (the latency portion that cannot be improved) is the largest component, and overall latency is as low as can be, to provide the best opportunity for distanced musicians to jam together. There's no ability to apply latency compensation like there is in DAWs, because multiple musicians are simultaneously playing; everyone would be compensating themselves against everyone else. I know that's hard to wrap your head around, but I consider DAW recording and JK as 2 completely separate things for different purposes, and I optimize my audio settings completely differently for both. Hope this helps