• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gear setup failure
Hello, I am trying to setup my audio gear on the Jamkazam desktop application but whenever I try to select my input and output devices from the drop down menus, it says that a device is not connected. I am using an hp omen (connect via ethernet to my router) running windows 10 with a Sennheiser GSP 350 headset connected directly to the microphone and headphone jack (not a combo jack). I have tried updating the drivers on my computer, changing the sample rate, and restarting the application multiple times to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(08-31-2020, 11:02 PM)SeavinPrime Wrote: Hello, I am trying to setup my audio gear on the Jamkazam desktop application but whenever I try to select my input and output devices from the drop down menus, it says that a device is not connected. I am using an hp omen (connect via ethernet to my router) running windows 10 with a Sennheiser GSP 350 headset connected directly to the microphone and headphone jack (not a combo jack). I have tried updating the drivers on my computer, changing the sample rate, and restarting the application multiple times to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
A dedicated audio device (external soundcard aka audio interface) is strongly recommended to use the service with success.
Although the internal soundcard of a computer might let you setup, and even 'work' reasonably well with JamKazam, it just as well might not function at all.

Did you try ASIO4ALL as a last resort?
(08-31-2020, 11:02 PM)SeavinPrime Wrote: Hello, I am trying to setup my audio gear on the Jamkazam desktop application but whenever I try to select my input and output devices from the drop down menus, it says that a device is not connected. I am using an hp omen (connect via ethernet to my router) running windows 10 with a Sennheiser GSP 350 headset connected directly to the microphone and headphone jack (not a combo jack). I have tried updating the drivers on my computer, changing the sample rate, and restarting the application multiple times to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JamKazam ‘prefers’ to link to ASIO Audio drivers .... they are not standard on Windows - so you need to search online for ‘ASIO4ALL’ and download / install that driver.

once installed - start JamKazam and delete any audio gear setting you managed to create - then create a new one selecting the ASIO device ... it should work although you might get poor latency reported (yellow lights) .... lots of people are working successfully in small local  groups with this sort of setup.
Thank you for the replies. ASIO4ALL appears to be working, but we shall see this afternoon when i test it with a group.