• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I download my recordings to my computer desktop?
I can't figure out how to download my recordings to my desktop.  Is there a way?  I found something saying use "File Manager" but I don't know what that is or where to find it.  Please help thanks!
Perhaps there should be a pinned document for this question. I'm sorry i cannot go into great detail and think it could be different between Mac and PC. But speaking as Mac user, by default when you record a session, after you leave the session you should not immediately quit the app. After a few moments if you look at your JK window, the lower part of it (footer section) and in very tiny yellow font size it will either show download status , or "file manager". JK is downloading the recording files after you exit the session. It does not do this during the session. This is why if you record, you allow some time for the downloading before quitting the app

Then, if you were to navigate to your Music folder/directory, you will see a JamKazam folder, and this is where your recordings are saving to. Be on the lookout however, at one point mine actually saved to my Documents folder. Weird, but okay.. that's fine at least I can find them.

Additionally, back in the JamKazam app, click on File Manager link and you'll see another window giving you the status and location of the files. It's a good idea to explore this window to learn about it, through trial and error. You will find all roads lead to that same Music folder on your Mac.

The recording folder names and file names can be confusing. Hopefully you have some experience with a DAW to load the individual tracks for editing. Otherwise there's also a premixed track included. Don't be surprised if sometimes that premixed track doesn't sound right or has issues. It's a Jamkazm thing. The stand alone track recordings appear to be clean and workable in the DAW.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just to add a bit to what GDJ said, based on my band's experience....

The tracks from your (and the other participants') computers take quite a long time to upload to the central server and then download to each participant's machine. We generally practice in the evening and leave JK running all night. Even then, some tracks may not yet have been successfully shared. They sometimes need multiple upload attempts before they succeed.

Eventually, you should get a copy of every track from every participant and these seem to arrive as ogg vorbis files (.ogg extension). In the same folder you may find some other files with .wav extensions. These are recordings of the live streams from individual participants, and are saved as soon as the session ends. They may be useful but, for example, I regularly play with a band where one member sings and plays an accordion which is fitted with internal mics and its bass is equipped with midi, from which he drives a synth bass. So the stream file (the wav) contains a mix of accordion, synth bass and his vocals. This is not ideal for use in a DAW. On the other hand, the ogg files of individual tracks (when they finally arrive) include individual files for voice, accordion and bass.