• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no Make a Recording button
Hi, just looking for a little help.
JamKazam approved my audio setup, everything seems to be working.  I want to record myself with a backing track.  I can record myself alone (not within a session) and it plays back ok.  However, the tutorials show a Make A Recording button when one initiates a session.  My screen is blank where there is supposed to be the Make a Recording button.  Can anyone tell me why that might be?

Thanks so much!
Travis
(08-24-2020, 02:37 AM)tgroft Wrote: Hi, just looking for a little help.
JamKazam approved my audio setup, everything seems to be working.  I want to record myself with a backing track.  I can record myself alone (not within a session) and it plays back ok.  However, the tutorials show a Make A Recording button when one initiates a session.  My screen is blank where there is supposed to be the Make a Recording button.  Can anyone tell me why that might be?

Thanks so much!
Travis
Hi Travis,
When you have an open session (even a ‘solo session’) you have three columns on the screen:  ‘My live tracks’, ‘Other live tracks’ and ‘recorded audio’

Immediately above those columns is a row of ‘button icons’ ... 4th one in is labelled ‘Record’

You mention ‘just recording yourself’ ... JK is not the best solution to do that (a DAW would be better) ... but it does work, I have tested it.  When you record with more than one live track - they all need to save to free up the session.

Hope that helps
Chris, thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I did see the Record button on the top of the screen, and can record myself playing by myself, but wanted to record myself playing along with a jam track or backing track. On the videos, they seem to do that via a Make a Recording button at the bottom of the screen, which is absent for me. Maybe that is a different or older version of the program.

I use DAWs frequently, so not looking to replace them, but just was trying to see if I could perform multiple takes of a solo, if the band wanted to record our group and post it or something. I'm just getting started, so I might be misunderstanding the functionality.

Thanks again!

Travis
(08-24-2020, 01:54 PM)tgroft Wrote: Chris, thanks so much for taking the time to reply.  I did see the Record button on the top of the screen, and can record myself playing by myself, but wanted to record myself playing along with a jam track or backing track.  On the videos, they seem to do that via a Make a Recording button at the bottom of the screen, which is absent for me.  Maybe that is a different or older version of the program.

I use DAWs frequently, so not looking to replace them, but just was trying to see if I could perform multiple takes of a solo, if the band wanted to record our group and post it or something.  I'm just getting started, so I might be misunderstanding the functionality.

Thanks again!

Travis
>>>
The 'record' button in the orange top bar will record your 'session'. So basically everything audible in your session through JamKazam. Be it peers or backing tracks - as long as they are fed through JKZ.
Thanks Chris and Dmitri. I think I got it figured out with your help. I was thrown by the fact that my program looked different than the tutorial, but I see how it works now. Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Travis
(08-25-2020, 03:00 AM)tgroft Wrote: Thanks Chris and Dmitri.  I think I got it figured out with your help.  I was thrown by the fact that my program looked different than the tutorial, but I see how it works now.  Appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Travis
The videos are for much older versions of the client app .... some features have changed and I suspect this was one of them