• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guitar Rig 5 into JK
Hi all, new here. I cant seem to get Guitar Rig 5 to work in Jamkazam. It shows on the plugin list and I set it to that plugin, but Im still getting a dry instrument sound through my Scarlet solo.
Hi, and welcome,
This may sound like 2 silly questions, so apologies up-front:
1. Are you in a session, be it a solo session or jamming with others? JK will not by-default have the VSTs enabled, instead only spinning them up for a session, and closing them at the end. The VST interface may stay open as you hop between sessions, however
2. In a session, are you opening Guitar Rig by selecting it from the little waveform icon on your guitar track; and is a guitar patch "active"? Hover over the icon, and "Open Guitar Rig" should pop up, along with "Update Track". For example I use a different VST (Overloud TH-U),and even in a session, its default "patch" is nothing, so my guitar signal is dry until I actually open TH-U and select a patch
Hope this helps
Exclamation 
(08-20-2020, 06:57 PM)blandis Wrote: Hi, and welcome,
This may sound like 2 silly questions, so apologies up-front:
1.  Are you in a session, be it a solo session or jamming with others?  JK will not by-default have the VSTs enabled, instead only spinning them up for a session, and closing them at the end.  The VST interface may stay open as you hop between sessions, however
2.  In a session, are you opening Guitar Rig by selecting it from the little waveform icon on your guitar track; and is a guitar patch "active"?  Hover over the icon, and "Open Guitar Rig" should pop up, along with "Update Track".  For example I use a different VST (Overloud TH-U),and even in a session, its default "patch" is nothing, so my guitar signal is dry until I actually open TH-U and select a patch
Hope this helps

I am in a session, but my only options are these:
https://ibb.co/pv75XBN

[Image: pv75XBN]

Where on this screen do I make my selection? When I go to my audio settings, I have Guitar Rig 5 as the plugin selected. But no audio signal goes through or comes out of the effect (what even is the point of having an effect option if it doesnt EFFECT YOUR SIGNAL?!?)

All of your instructions on #2 made no sense for me, since I dont see ANY of those options (the wave form icon, Open Guitar Rig, ETC) 
My experience with jamkazam is a very frustrating one.
Hmmmm.... that is strange.
This is what I was referring to.  See attached screenshot.  I have a waveform icon, when the mouse hovers over it, the "Open TH3" option is displayed, which is my guitar VST.

I recommend re-configuring your Audio settings.  Go back to your user name drop-down menu and choose Audio Gear, and then delete the existing profile, and start over.  Don't worry, it actually keeps some of the previous settings.  This is actually a problem in that it actually keeps the settings (like instrument, VST plugin, etc) instead of completely wiping them away.  Worst case I have had to completely uninstall the program and wipe all traces of it and really start over.  Even that, somewhere on my PC things like my User name and password are preserved in the process.  I chalk all of this up to non-standard/not-recommended audio programming practices by the JamKazam developers.  Maybe their secret sauce is in the fact that they don't do things like they're supposed to, but it makes the user experience very frustrating