• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK with Jamey Aebersolds?
Hi All - please direct me to an existing thread on this, if one exists.

Does anyone have any advice on the best method for a session to have a background track, like rhythm sections, on JameyAebersolds for ex?
I’m sure some have tried it?

Thanks in advance!
(08-18-2020, 05:58 AM)RBCaplan Wrote: Hi All - please direct me to an existing thread on this, if one exists.

Does anyone have any advice on the best method for a session to have a background track, like rhythm sections, on JameyAebersolds for ex?
I’m sure some have tried it?

Thanks in advance!
Just about all my sessions make use of backing tracks - there are various sources - but you need to either rip the track from the CD or generate it from the app (iRealPro / Band in a box).   That will tend to provide you with a ‘.Wav file’ for each number.  If you want to compress those to take less disk space / less time to upload - then use an online audio file converter to .flac or .ogg format.

In your JamKazam session - have SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE SESSION OWNER upload the file by clicking on the ‘recorded audio’ link. .... they can then play / stop / rewind using the controls.

I have found that if the session owner loads the track - then someone wont be able to hear it.... if someone else does it - it works.  

When you ‘close’ the track - you delete it from server - ready to upload the next one ... sorry - but you cant upload a ‘setlist’
Successful session today with 2 of us AND a backing track!

Still getting the levels just right, but out of all the ways to try this (other than the ‘right’ way, .wav uploads, a very limiting p.i.t.a) it turns out that if you have an audio interface, with a 2nd mic input, you can run the output of an ipad into it, then fire up Pandora, or whatever, on the ipad. It works, and both of you in the session can hear the accompaniment track in the phones!