• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with tracks recorded during sessions
Hi Hans Peter

Thanks for the replies. It is not the mixed recordings that I am so much concerned about (for one thing, we never seem to get the balance of instruments quite right in a live session). What we generally do is to take the individual instrument tracks and then mix them in a DAW.

What seems to happen in JK is that each individual's machine records their own track, then the JK app is supposed to upload them to the server (but sometimes doesn't). The server then downloads them to each participant's computer. When they have all arrived at my local machine I can load them into a DAW and mix them. The problem is that sometimes a particular track never gets uploaded to the server, despite the app making repeated attempts to do so. We then have to pass the tracks around amongst our band members using some other mechanism such as DropBox. This has a lot of scope for errors, with multiple instrumental, and vocal, tracks from different dates being passed around and all with obscure file names.

I'm usually very pleased with the quality of the final mixes we get...at least with the recording quality, if not my playing! But it would save a lot of time and faffing about if JK's automated file transfer system worked all the time and not just 80% of the time.

Regards

Steve

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with tracks recorded during sessions - by SteveW - 08-15-2020, 04:23 PM