• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too much me in the mix
I am using a Zoom UAC8 interface, which does not have a direct monitoring switch.  I am having trouble lowering my instrument and vocals for my personal JK mix while leaving enough of both for other jammers to interact.  

When I adjust individually using JK channel mute (respectively, electric guitar and vocal), and much to my surprise and displeasure, such muting does not take the referenced input out of my headphone mix, but does impact by dramatically reducing what others hear (even though, according to JK instructions, it's not supposed to affect anything but my personal JK  mix; likewise with the JK slider.  I conclude that my interface simultaneously feeds my input and output output to my headphone mix, and what I seek is a way around that.

The UAC8 allows me to set gain, and has individual sliders for each input.  On the AOC8, if I mute a channel, or reduce its volume by  use of the interface slider conctrol that input is removed entirely from (if muted) or adjusted proportionally from the output mix in relation to using the slider. With the UAC8, I can also loop back, but that function doesn't seem to apply to real time external input, but rather to streamed or file sources (like programmed drums or downloaded sound files) which I use,  for example, for  recording.

I believe my interface sends my input automatically to my headphones.  Can someone suggest a work around so I can bypass my input so it doesn't come through my headphones, but still is preserved and remains as set in the output sent to JK?

Got it.  You can select specific outputs on the UAC8, thereby removing the input channels from the output mix.  On the software for the interface, UAC 8 Mix Effects you can choose by pairs of channels, line out only, which appears to allow the faders to impact the headphone mix, but not the line out presence.  Specifically, by choosing line out1/2 rather than main out, that's what goes to the headphones.

Messages In This Thread
Too much me in the mix - by jdecrist@dejazzd.com - 08-11-2020, 08:12 PM
RE: Too much me in the mix - by GDJ - 08-12-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: Too much me in the mix - by Filote - 08-22-2020, 05:36 AM
RE: Too much me in the mix - by Filote - 08-22-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: Too much me in the mix - by Filote - 08-23-2020, 10:34 PM
RE: Too much me in the mix - by GDJ - 08-24-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: Too much me in the mix - by Filote - 08-26-2020, 02:08 AM
RE: Too much me in the mix - by GDJ - 08-28-2020, 01:18 AM