• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help w Steinberg UR44C - fails tests etc..
Hi Bill, and welcome,
Hang in there.  There are a bunch of things that need to be configured correctly to get this stuff all working.  I will do my best to help point you in the right direction for the symptoms you have identified thus far.  Network geeks help ( states the network geek...), but hopefully just checking a few things will solve the issues.  Let's start:
1.  "UR44CC great for recording":  I assume that your interface is configured with ASIO drivers.  Check Cubase "audio drivers" settings to confirm.  Given it's a Steinberg interface, again I'm assuming it's ASIO (Steinberg standard) as is Cubase
2.  "fails latency tests":  JamKazam has (or maybe more correctly had) a collection of network testing servers for folks to check their systems.  With the pandemic and the tremendous number of new and concurrent users, their servers could not keep up with the demand.  In fact I think back in the Apr-Jun timeframe they were simply offline as they could not keep them up under the load.  The JK team was also focused on fixing the client software.  Not sure of the current status, but I would suggest ignoring that, and instead try a "solo session" just by yourself, and see how the software client runs.
3.  continual "Disconnected from Server" messages:  this is probably the trickiest one, as it could be many things, unless it's strictly the network test server, but I dont think it is.  Most likely it is a blocking of server messages on your end, either at your Internet router's security settings, or at a "personal firewall" in your operating system (such as a Norton or McAfee firewall).  Suggest you search the forum for key words "router", "firewall", "ports", and look for posts in your operating system (Windows or Mac) for help.  Based on the limited info, that's about the best I can do unfortunately, but gives you some things to start with.
Hope this helps,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help w Steinberg UR44C - fails tests etc.. - by blandis - 08-05-2020, 07:52 PM