• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSlite IPv4, IPv6 - can Problem be solved
Dear all,

I have managed to do sessions with one person after some attempts. It seems to be at random but when we try a little it's possible to get a bidirectional connection between each other.

But all attempts to connect with more than one person fails, my research showed, that is because my internect connection is DSlite and I have no "real" IPv4 adress.

Can this problem be solved somewhere in the future?

Greets
(07-24-2020, 04:07 PM)Heathcliff_wh Wrote: Dear all,

I have managed to do sessions with one person after some attempts. It seems to be at random but when we try a little it's possible to get a bidirectional connection between each other.

But all attempts to connect with more than one person fails, my research showed, that is because my internect connection is DSlite and I have no "real" IPv4 adress.

Can this problem be solved somewhere in the future?

Greets
>>>
A quick phone call to your ISP asking them to disable the IPv6/DSLite tunnel for your account/connection and to push the IPv4 firmware to your modem should solve that permanently. If necessary just explain what you're doing  - online music collab - and that their provided service is preventing you from doing so.
(07-24-2020, 04:53 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>
A quick phone call to your ISP asking them to disable the IPv6/DSLite tunnel for your account/connection and to push the IPv4 firmware to your modem should solve that permanently. If necessary just explain what you're doing  - online music collab - and that their provided service is preventing you from doing so.

I asked my provider, you have to book this Ipv4-Option and it costs 5 Euro monthly. Sad
(07-24-2020, 09:05 PM)Heathcliff_wh Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 04:53 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>

I asked my provider, you have to book this Ipv4-Option and it costs 5 Euro monthly. Sad
A new ISP should be in your future.