• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot connect a Focusrite to MacBook Pro
So I wish I could give you a more definitive response, but I the issue was fixed. If anyone is helping others getting started with JamKazam, what I do is start with a Zoom call. I then show them where to select built-in microphones and speakers, because often they plug in the interface and if the device is not configured properly, I can no longer communicate with them. I then have the client share their screen. Once they do that, I click next to options from the green box that says the client is sharing their screen and request control. From there, I take control and perform the installation myself instead of trusting these wonderful, but no necessarily computer savvy instructors.
From there I checked the security settings and JamKazam had access to the microphone and webcam, so that was not the problem. After that, I performed a full uninstall-reinstall of JamKazam and it worked great. I also used screen sharing and taking control of her computer to give her a tour of its features, which I find much easier. I know that once in a session I can use cntrl-s to share my screen and I plan to perfect using that as well.
Thank you for your help in all this. I have many dozens of installs over the next few weeks, so I am sure I will reach out for more assistance soon.
Robert "Lee" Vanarsdall
University of Maryland, College Park

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot connect a Focusrite to MacBook Pro - by LVanarsdall - 07-12-2020, 03:16 PM