• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote user unable to hear recorded audio
Strange issue this evening.

I ran a session with a friend who I have jammed with before.  No changes to our setups since last week.  I use win 10 version (1.0.3794), he is on Mac. ... and we both loaded the upgrade last week.

This evening, we were able to both hear each other with no problem - very clear.  But the remote user could not hear the recorded audio that I played.  I was able to hear it fine.  We both rebooted several times - no difference.  We tried uploading the track that we played last week - again he heard nothing (I could hear it).

He reported that he could see the buffer meter fla$ng for ‘recorded Audio’ - but could not hear it .... if he opened the ‘audio console’, there was no audio coming through.

I have to say - it was not a good jam session....  I can’t see what else we could have tried... anyone else seen this? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
A further update to the above.

I setup a second PC with JamKazam ... and a second account.

I now have two PC’s running JamKazam so can see / hear what is happening from both ends.

PC 1 using Focusrite 2i2 Audio on win 10 (1.0.3794) Focusrite ASIO driver Shows 11.5ms latency and minimal jitter
PC 2 using USB headset ASIO4ALL driver on win 10 (1.0.3794). Shows 30ms latency - but I only want it to monitor

PC 1 starts session and invites PC 2. Can clearly hear audio in both directions from Mic input. .... can hear latency delay to PC2 as expected
PC 1 clicks ‘use metronome’ .... both users can hear metronome and audio through mics
PC 1 stops metronome and uploads wav Audio File for recorded Audio ... Both can see ‘playback dialog’, both can start / stop playback, both see ‘vu meter’ indicate audio and see the progress bar move .... but ONLY PC 1 can hear the recorded audio.

Checked all dialogs in case anything was muted ..... nothing muted

Repeat above test with ‘audio console’ displaying on both PCs .... vu meters only show levels for ‘Media Tracks’ on PC 1 ... nothing moves on. PC 2.

This replicates the observation from last night and removes the mac element. .... Playback of recorded audio does not seem to be working Ito sessions .... am I alone in seeing this?
I may have found out the issue here ....

The original tests were all using ‘solo session’ or ‘quick session with friends’.

I just ran another test as above - but using a scheduled session ..... in this mode, the recorded Audio played from a file did work and could be heard for ALL users on the session ..... but could only be loaded and controlled by the session organiser.

Not ideal (would have preferred the same functionality for all types of session) - but a usable workaround
And this saga continues ....

Scheduled session does not solve this ..... but there seems more of a chance to get it working.

Have noticed that when I upload the pre-recorded .wav file ..... that it sometimes only displays the control dialog in MY SESSION ... if this happens, then only I can hear it. However, if i leave the session - then join it again, most of the time I can now upload an audio track, everyone sees the audio play dialog ... and then when I pay it everyone hears. ... SEEMS THAT I NEED A NEW SESSION FOR EACH AUDIO FILE.

Am I the only one getting this problem?