• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital distortion not due to high input levels
(06-30-2020, 08:03 PM)Tobivi Wrote: @StuartR

Thanks for this info. Yes, all machines are running via AC power with the power profile set to max performance.

I'll check out the publication to see if I can get better results, and will post what helped if it does.
I remember reading somewhere that the sample rate needs to be consistent or an exact multiple .... for example: ‘All on 48k’ or ‘mixture of 48k & 96k’ .... but not with one person on 41k.  JK has a ‘sync’ option to deal with this (at least it did when I set my Audio up - but I know that controls sometimes disappear)

I believe that the logic behind this is that the sample rate is used for digitisation of the Audio .... and if you are not in sync with everyone, you get gaps - which then sound like a click. .... unfortunately you would get the same effect if the A to D converter part of your Audio i/f had a fault..... and I wonder if those are actually designed to be used just between the musician and the DAW (same unit used for recording as playback) ..... and therefore if this is a bit like analogue audio cassettes being recorded on on machine and played back on another .... and souring.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital distortion not due to high input levels - by Chris Frost - 08-14-2020, 07:57 AM