• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recordings
Hi
I have used JK since March, after the usual set up glitches (mostly self inflicted) the system runs very well I am able to connect and play with friends 70 to 80 miles away (in UK) with session latency of around 20 milliseconds, this gives an easy feel to playing, feels comfortable. We play with a drummer from Florida then session latency 68 to 80 milliseconds, this is noticeable. In trying to lower latency as much as possible I have noticed that when a session I am in is recorded my track shows as stereo when downloaded, others tracks are mono, would this add to latency due to processing two tracks for me. My setup is Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 3rd gen, 48000 sample rate, 48 buffer size audio frame size 1ms using latest Focusrite drivers. Jamkazam is a brilliant platform and has been and still will be well used, even when our current crisis ends. Bernard.
" ... would this add to latency due to processing two tracks for me"!?

That is a really good question.

I am inclined to say yes, but I am really not sure.

Houston/Austin, we have a problem ...
(06-23-2020, 11:42 AM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: " ... would this add to latency due to processing two tracks for me"!?

That is a really good question.

I am inclined to say yes, but I am really not sure.

Houston/Austin, we have a problem ...
Thanks for your response Hans Peter, I think I can answer my own post. In my quest to get to the bottom of the stereo recording track, I checked my setup with a regular band member (he is using Scarlett 212 3rd gen latest drivers etc) in his audio gear input section there was only one input showing, after clicking update and adding input 2 then re checking, now in stereo and when trying a recording, it comes out in stereo (both of us go from a stereo mixer L & R outputs into interface). Found same thing with our drummer, only 1 input selected, same fix applied, now working fine and recording in stereo, best of all, did not affect latency but greatly improved sound quality. it appears mine was set up correctly (input 1 & 2 selected also outputs 1 & 2 selected). The search for the elusive Lady of Latency continues.
Thanks, BZG155 - and good to hear / read it is working

You / We will never find the perfect Lady of Latency.
Less can do it - thankfully.

But please let us know if you find her against all odds ...