• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samson USB microphone
I'm trying to set up a Samson C01U Pro mic in JK. I get a series of rather puzzling warning and error messages as follows:
  • Unable to open input audio device Microphone (Samson C01U Pro Mic).

• No compatible sample rate (32000) found on audio device
    • Your input device sample rate is 48000 and different from your selected sample rate 96000. For best performance select 48000 as the sample rate.
    • Your output audio device default sample rate is 48000 and different from the input device sample rate 44100. For best performance use your Sound setup (found in Windows Control Panel)
    • Invalid Audio Device
      It appears this audio device is not currently connected. Attach the device to your computer and restart the application or select a different device.If you think your gear is connected and working: Try a different sample rate
The Samson works fine with all my other audio software: Skype, Zoom, Camtasia. What's going on?

Thanks, Doug
(06-13-2020, 08:08 PM)doug@intellimetrix.us Wrote: I'm trying to set up a Samson C01U Pro mic in JK. I get a series of rather puzzling warning and error messages as follows:
  • Unable to open input audio device Microphone (Samson C01U Pro Mic).

• No compatible sample rate (32000) found on audio device
    • Your input device sample rate is 48000 and different from your selected sample rate 96000. For best performance select 48000 as the sample rate.
    • Your output audio device default sample rate is 48000 and different from the input device sample rate 44100. For best performance use your Sound setup (found in Windows Control Panel)
    • Invalid Audio Device
      It appears this audio device is not currently connected. Attach the device to your computer and restart the application or select a different device.If you think your gear is connected and working: Try a different sample rate
The Samson works fine with all my other audio software: Skype, Zoom, Camtasia. What's going on?

Thanks, Doug

I have the same problem with a Zoom UAC-8.
(06-13-2020, 08:08 PM)doug@intellimetrix.us Wrote: I'm trying to set up a Samson C01U Pro mic in JK. ...
Hi,

I see that the "Samson C01U Pro" mic has a headphone input on the body.  
Does it help to plug in your headphones to the body of the mic?

I got a similar message regarding different sample rates and found that plugging in my headphones to the mic body resolved the issue.  Also, I followed the tips in this video https://youtu.be/z_XZ5xoHdCw on adjusting volumes. 

Opening a "solo session" and recording myself in jamkazam helped me hear how others might hear me.  I found I had to tinker with the "Sound" settings in my laptop's "System preferences" as well as adjust volume in Jamkazam to get the best results.

Good luck!