• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen - high latency after SW upgrade to 3.6.0
(06-06-2020, 02:19 PM)dcp121 Wrote: Hey guys, just thought I'd mention I was having this same problem and  tried everything to no avail. What eventually solved it was to completely uninstall the Focusrite software and drivers and do a clean reinstall. Went from 20ms latency to under 4ms. I installed the same version because Focusrite only shows the newest version on their website, but it seems to have resolved the issue. Not sure why, but not complaining. Software version 3.6, Driver version 4.65.5

Gentlemen:

Having the same issues.  Tried the reinstall....no difference.  Finally just uninstalled the focusrite driver and went with the windows (wdm) driver.  Latency improved to 10ms.  Haven't tried it online yet, just getting set up.  Peter from JK provided the following response to my problem:

Some Focusrite devices have a history of challenge with JamKazam because of the audio driver - unstable IO, high latency etc. For these issues, please reach out to Focusrite directly. Some of their technologists use JamKazam so they should be able to provide support. If all else fails, we recommend the Behringer UMC204HD. It works really well.
Best
Peter

Swapping out for the Berringer is my next course of action if this doesn't work live.

Bob Mitchell (Squeezer Geezer)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen - high latency after SW upgrade to 3.6.0 - by boblm51@comcast.net - 06-13-2020, 12:21 AM