• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen - high latency after SW upgrade to 3.6.0
Sad 
Hi everybody,
as I had input latency and input-jitter problems with my Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen, I looked after a new Driver version and hoped that the problem was solved.

After the upgrade the interface shows a latency of 20ms in Jamkazam and failed the test. So it is not more usable in Jamkazam.
I opened a ticket at focusrite support and they said the problem is adressed to the developers and they have no clue yet. I shall wait for a new sw-Version

Does anybody has the same problems?

I warn you not to upgrade to 3.6.0

Best regards
HC

PS: I regret buying this stuff  Angry
Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen is mentioned in this link below - in a section named: Audio Interfaces Mentioned, But Not Yet Determined If Working With JamKazam

List of Audio Interfaces
https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...arlett+2i2

Maybe there is some useful information in that thread. It is a long one
(06-05-2020, 02:25 PM)Heathcliff_wh Wrote: Hi everybody,
as I had input latency and input-jitter problems with my Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen, I looked after a new Driver version and hoped that the problem was solved.

After the upgrade the interface shows a latency of 20ms in Jamkazam and failed the test. So it is not more usable in Jamkazam.
I opened a ticket at focusrite support and they said the problem is adressed to the developers and they have no clue yet. I shall wait for a new sw-Version

Does anybody has the same problems?

I warn you not to upgrade to 3.6.0

Best regards
HC

PS: I regret buying this stuff  Angry

>>>
Are we to understand that you are actually talking about the firmware version of your Focusrite hardware?

If not, a (software-)driver issue is very easy to remedy. Just uninstall the version that is not performing as expected and re-install the previous version.

I have several friends running 2i2 without any serious issues. There's also a beta driver available which seems to help in some cases to get the latency further down. In general Focusrite seems real easy to set up sofar.
OK - if Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen actually works well with JamKazam, then you can't trust what I was referring to.
Of course, that's too bad, below the low target ...

Don't shoot the messenger - only the pianist. lol

I was actually surprised that Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen was mentioned as "Not Yet Determined If Working With JamKazam".

I thought it was working alright. And obviously it does - then it's only good
(06-05-2020, 02:49 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>
Are we to understand that you are actually talking about the firmware version of your Focusrite hardware?

If not, a (software-)driver issue is very easy to remedy. Just uninstall the version that is not performing as expected and re-install the previous version.

I have several friends running 2i2 without any serious issues. There's also a beta driver available which seems to help in some cases to get the latency further down. In general Focusrite seems real easy to set up sofar.

I think it is an asio driver. It's the only Windows SW which I could download at the Focusrite support center.
But there is only the actual version 3.6.0. I can't find older SW for a downgrade.

Do you know what drivers are used by your friends?
Yes, paper is grateful - you can write anything. But don't trust everything

Looks like no firmware update exists - by the way
Hans-Peter, thank you for the link of the list.
I try to get rid of this focusrite-stuff and buy a decent one.
(06-05-2020, 03:14 PM)Heathcliff_wh Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 02:49 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>

I think it is an asio driver. It's the only Windows SW which I could download at the Focusrite support center.
But there is only the actual version 3.6.0. I can't find older SW for a downgrade.

Do you know what drivers are used by your friends?

>>>
There is actually a newer one, 4.63.## (and 4.64.##/4.65.## beta drivers)
I have several friends using a 2i2 3rd gen (very!) successfully. So, don't give up!

https://focusrite.com/en/news/driver-update
Thanks, Heathcliff_wh! I hope you find the thread useful - and good luck!
Hi,
somehow I don't get along with the support site because I can't find any other SW than 3.6.0. This afternoon the Focusrite support did also not mention there was a SW newer than 3.6.0.
I'm fed up with this equipment, it goes back.
I looked at the interface list and I think I will try my luck with the Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD. It seems not to be as elegant and sophisticated as the scarlett 2i2, but it should work at least.

But I want to thank you both for your help