• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to JamKazam and no audio even on setup
(06-03-2020, 09:33 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: I use a Macbook Air from 2017 (running Catalina) with JK, so I know your computer is compatible. I also have an old MB Pro from 2012 running El Capitan, also works with JK.

You saw green dots from JK when setting up your 6i6, which means that the interface is recognized correctly.

For my Focusrite Saffire Pro14, I must set the output device to the main outs (1 & 2) otherwise I don't hear any output. This is partly becuase the default headphone output is a mirror of the mains.

The interface is controlled by the Mix Control software. Do you have that running? It lets you control your monitor functions (input control is on the unit, in hardware). I keep my mix control running all the time - it lets me see what is happening wit the interface regardless of what other software I have open.

Focusrite bundles Abelton Lite - I recommend try that, or Garageband, to verify you can hear audio from the 6i6 before giving up on JamKazam
Thanks.  I'm about to reinstall Garageband, though I managed to record using Voice Memo last night, so I know that signal is reaching my Mac.

I've just tried tweaking the Mix Control - I assume you mean on JamKazam?  It shows signal on output as well as input - but still no audio on the Mac.
I also can't seem to activate record - when I click on record I see a red button but when I click on it nothing changes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to JamKazam and no audio even on setup - by charlie.i - 06-03-2020, 10:08 PM