• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to JamKazam and no audio even on setup
Ok, I've just gone through it again with the same result. Everything looks fine except there's no audio on output. Here are the steps:
1) I deleted the 616 and reconfigured it. I followed all the video instructions about setting audio booster to minimise latency and my gear got a green light.
2) I then followed the remaining steps in audio gear setup. At step 5 I made sure to turn the 616 monitor knob fully to USB. In the middle of the screen is a button marked 'play', below text that tells you '...click the play button below. If you hear the audio correctly your settings are correct...' That's the button I pressed. I could hear nothing.
3) I tapped the mic and could see signal going in to the 616 but no sound coming out.
4) Then I clicked 'next' and finished setup. I then opened a session and could see my gear under 'my live tracks'. Under session diagnostics all the lights were green. But when I clicked on record I could hear nothing.
5) Maybe I'm doing something wrong at the audio out stage. I've tried setting the 6161 as the device for sound output- no joy. Then I tried headphones as the device - again nothing.

That's as far as I can get. It seems to me there's some incompatibility between JamKazam and my Mac. Before I had the 616 I tried the set up with the built in mic and got the same results.
If anyone has had this problem or a similar one with the MacBook Air Retina 2016 I'd appreciate hearing if there's a solution.

Charlie

I've now downloaded the Focusrite Control app and can see signal when I click 'play' at step 5 of audio gear setup.  But I still can't hear anything. 

So
  • I know that signal is going in to the Scarlett 616
  • I know that JamKazam is generating signal
  • I know that the 616 outputs are showing signal on the Control app

But no sound from the Mac

What am I doing wrong?

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to JamKazam and no audio even on setup - by charlie.i - 06-03-2020, 08:45 PM