• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Network Advice

1. Go to your router setting and enable UPnP (or NatPNP if you have an apple router)

2. Call your ISP and ask them to ensure that you have a public IP address assigned to your router and not a private one.

3. Add the JamKazam app to your allowed list of apps in your Windows/Mac firewall app setting

4. After that, try running the Network Tests. If you and everyone you want to play with pass the network test, then you should be able to get into a session. We are working on improving session connectivity, so stay tuned!
HI
Thanks for having the forum !

#2 says "public IP address", my provider uses a "dynamic" public IP address. (it changes about every two weeks) DO we need a "Static" public IP address for JamKazam?
[quote pid='101' dateline='1585520569']
Is there a manual which ports have to be forwarded in a situation where you do not have a public IP adress? I am sitting behind a second router, so my IP is an internal one. However I could configure the router if I would know which port to forward. Online help in the App is not conclusive there or goes to a blank webpage (https://support.desk.com/404)

[/quote]
Hello,
I've configured my network following the instructions above, but it doesn't connect. Because I have an ipv6 WAN IP-adress, Vodafone cable network. But in my router configuration I have the possibility to go to a dyndns provider.
Does jamkazaam not support ipv6 IP-adresses?
May I need dyndns for working with jamkazam?

Thanks for your help in advance
(03-28-2020, 07:23 PM)Jamkazam Wrote:
  1. Go to your router setting and enable UPnP (or NatPNP if you have an apple router)

2. Call your ISP and ask them to ensure that you have a public IP address assigned to your router and not a private one.

3. Add the JamKazam app to your allowed list of apps in your Windows/Mac firewall app setting

4. After that, try running the Network Tests. If you and everyone you want to play with pass the network test, then you should be able to get into a session. We are working on improving session connectivity, so stay tuned!
Please confirm whether this (or any local network configuration) is necessary if we were able to connect a couple weeks ago. Ie. Has something changed with the network requirements?
you can set any ports you like (my ip changes so im using the standard UPD 12000-12010 range. So far no issues.

I think these are just 'general guidelines'.

Does anyone know about Static vs dynamic public IPs question?
(03-30-2020, 10:46 PM)Karl Kaminski Wrote: > Does anyone know about Static vs dynamic public IPs question?

Well, lacking any authoritative response, it should reason that dynamic WAN IP should not matter between sessions. It might matter during a session or while syncing recordings immediately following sessions.

Plus, I think most users fall into this category: our ISPs can cycle and reassign a new IP every couple weeks. In my experience it’s never happened in years unless I beg ISP tech support following some specific issues experienced. (Your experience may differ.)
(03-30-2020, 11:37 PM)texas-bronius Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 10:46 PM)Karl Kaminski Wrote: > Does anyone know about Static vs dynamic public IPs question?

Well, lacking any authoritative response, it should reason that dynamic WAN IP should not matter between sessions. It might matter during a session or while syncing recordings immediately following sessions.

Plus, I think most users fall into this category: our ISPs can cycle and reassign a new IP every couple weeks. In my experience it’s never happened in years unless I beg ISP tech support following some specific issues experienced. (Your experience may differ.)
Hi I have a static IP address and I am having problems testing the network. UDP ports are properly enabled but I am getting a network packet error which refreshes but doesn't complete the test. Is there any way a static IP address can be set as an option? I'll be a bit disappointed if this is a deal breaker as I need the address for other activity on my Mac.
Thanks
Bryan
(03-30-2020, 10:46 PM)Karl Kaminski Wrote: you can set any ports you like (my ip changes so im using the standard UPD 12000-12010 range. So far no issues.

I think these are just 'general guidelines'.

Does anyone know about Static vs dynamic public IPs question?
Hi Karl,
Sorry cant answer your questions but you're the first post to mention UPD. I keep getting a message during my network test that says UDP blocked. Do you know what thats all about and how I can fix it. I tried changing the traffic settings in Norton but that hasnt resolved it. Any help would be most appreciated
Cheers
Larry
My experience: in one night, my tests tested favorably, failed testing, and experienced the “could not connect to test server” status. Shortly later that evening, tests were fine again. No configuration was needed on my out of the box, home/consumer grade modem nor router.

Now rereading: “Public IP” refers to your home/office network’s modem’s outbound IP address. If you’ve paid for a status or have dynamic thru your ISP, public is what you see when you present yourself to the WAN (the web). Check out https://whatismyip.com/ for instance.

My guess is that in most cases nobody had to do anything with his network setup...