• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffer size of UMC202HD automatically switched to 8 samples
(04-17-2020, 10:46 AM)Pete Savigny Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 12:36 PM)Pete Savigny Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 07:29 PM)Pete Savigny Wrote: I wrote earlier:
=====
I went through the audio gear setup again. I cannot see that I did anything differently, apart from also going through my Windows sound settings again. And I made sure that no JamKazam process was still running on my task manager, before restarting JamKazam. 

And now I'm hearing my co-musicians. I cannot quite yet believe that this will keep working. 
I will try out with my tango band members.
=====

I have had temporary success with my singer. That is not only could and can she hear me perfectly on JamKazam, but I managed to be able to hear her. Unfortunately that changed within a session.
We couldn't get it back to working, so assumed it might have been due to server overload. But at a different time on the next day we couldn't get it back either.
All the while, her signal was showing perfectly, just no sound at my end. She even made a recording in JamKazam where everything was fine at her side, whereas the same recording gave me no sound of her singing. (Hear my attached sample.)
Her latency with her Mac is at 11 ms which should be good enough. 
What could be the issue??
I can hear other musicians when i join open sessions. 
I have told her to try out whether other musicians in open sessions can hear her. 
I wish I had some way of making sense of all this. 

(04-17-2020, 09:39 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: As can be found in many threads on this forum and facebook as well:

Video will interfere with your audio. It takes up bandwidth and adds noise (jitter) to your connection which can (will) result in latency and possibly distorted audio.

A lot of people are very happily playing together - audio only - and are very pleased with this - FREE - effort to facilitate that in these harsh times.

Hi Dimitri, 

we don't use JamKazam Video, just audio. 

However, we have been using a Zoom video chat - on my phone and possibly her Mac - to talk and see each other while testing JamKazam. 
Maybe that could still interfere, as it goes via the same broadband internet connection? Could it be that her JamKazam is affected by Zoom running on the same machine, while my JamKazam is not, since Zoom is running on my phone?

Is it possible that Zoom is delivering us a perfect video and sound connection, while JamKazam cannot even deliver me a simple voice audio connection at the same time??

>>>
Yes, anything on the same computer using resources and bandwidth will affect your jkz experience.
Also: any traffic on your internet connection, also from other sources like phones and tablets, game consoles and other users in your household, will also add noise (jitter) to your line and thus affect your jkz sessions.

This ofcourse goes for any music-/audio- production you're trying to do, online or local, and is not a jkz flaw or issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buffer size of UMC202HD automatically switched to 8 samples - by Dimitri Muskens - 04-17-2020, 12:16 PM