• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free Plugins
I just tested out the Voxengo plugins, and they work great with JamKazam.  Tested the Boogex amp sim, and OldSkoolVerb. They really help to get rid of the dry/direct feel. 

Make sure you are installing the 32 bit version of the plugins, and add the proper path to JK
C:\Program Files (x86)\vstplugins\Voxengo
(04-01-2020, 07:30 PM)leemurray Wrote: I just tested out the Voxengo plugins, and they work great with JamKazam.  Tested the Boogex amp sim, and OldSkoolVerb. They really help to get rid of the dry/direct feel. 

Make sure you are installing the 32 bit version of the plugins, and add the proper path to JK

Thanks!! This worked great!  Do you know if it's possible to stack VSTs?  Would like to add the reverb and harmonizer together.
Chilimail,
I have Thought about trying a “VST Wrapper”, which would allow the connection of 2 or more VSTs together in one package, it I haven’t found the time, and I worry about performance inside JamKazam. Most wrappers are 64-bit, accommodating 32-bit VSTs inside them, and I didn’t find many that were 32-bit. JBridge is sort of a wrapper, but doesn’t state that it supports chaining together VSTs
I am also looking for another plugin that handles multiple guitar/bass effects in a single plugin, since JK seems to only allow one plugin per input channel. I looked at Amplitube, but the current version seems to be only 64 bit. I also tried Positive Grid Bias FX, but have not been able to get JK to load it. Looking for other suggestions here too
I’ve tried a bunch, and for me and my band’s lead guitarist, I recommend Overloud TH3, which is included in the free Cakewalk by BandLab Digital Audio Workstation (DAW, which I highly recommend as well). It is available as a 32-bit VST with the package (I think... I’ve been a longtime Cakewalk user, so I had both 32 & 64 installers already). See:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...WGDOp0KCG8

Although it’s a limited “Cakewalk edition” and not Overloud’s current product, it has enough amps and fx to get the job done jamming. It also includes presets, amps, cabs, and fx for bass
(04-18-2020, 04:40 PM)leemurray Wrote: I am also looking for another plugin that handles multiple guitar/bass effects in a single plugin, since JK seems to only allow one plugin per input channel. I looked at Amplitube, but the current version seems to be only 64 bit. I also tried Positive Grid Bias FX, but have not been able to get JK to load it. Looking for other suggestions here too
I used Bias Fx, worked well.
My Impulse uses addictive keys successfully.

I still would like to see how I could incorporate a Fender Mustang or GT.
It's Wallybeav. Mad Cow loss of conscience dropped the 'y'.
(04-01-2020, 07:30 PM)leemurray Wrote: I just tested out the Voxengo plugins, and they work great with JamKazam.  Tested the Boogex amp sim, and OldSkoolVerb. They really help to get rid of the dry/direct feel. 

Hi,  
      I found this thread when searching for help with plugins.  Having read it I installed some voxengo plugins.  I added the path in but the drop down list still shows no plugins.  I clicked the link that says ‘can’t see your plugins?’ But the link appears to be broken.   Do you have any suggestions ?
I have emailed JamKazam support on this subject but got no reply.

Chris Avery
(04-23-2020, 02:09 PM)Cavery1962 Wrote:

Hi,  
      I found this thread when searching for help with plugins.  Having read it I installed some voxengo plugins.  I added the path in but the drop down list still shows no plugins.  I clicked the link that says ‘can’t see your plugins?’ But the link appears to be broken.   Do you have any suggestions ?
I have emailed JamKazam support on this subject but got no reply.

Chris Avery
Make sure to select the 32-bit plugin when you install voxengo, and make a note of the path/folder that it was installed to. usually something like C:\Program Files (x86)\vstplugins.  that folder should contain the Boogex.dll or OldSkoolReverb.dll 

after you add that folder to the plugin path in JK, then hit scan. if it finds the DLL, it should show up in the dropdown list

(04-18-2020, 05:23 PM)wallbeav Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 04:40 PM)leemurray Wrote: I am also looking for another plugin that handles multiple guitar/bass effects in a single plugin, since JK seems to only allow one plugin per input channel. I looked at Amplitube, but the current version seems to be only 64 bit. I also tried Positive Grid Bias FX, but have not been able to get JK to load it. Looking for other suggestions here too
I used Bias Fx, worked well.
My Impulse uses addictive keys successfully.

I still would like to see how I could incorporate a Fender Mustang or GT.

Any tips on getting Bias FX to work?  are you using the paid or trial version? which specific version do you have? is this on windows 10?

For the Fender Mustang, it looks like they have an ASIO driver for windows. https://tone-support.fender.com/hc/en-us...ang-GT-amp-
you could also just run an analog output cable from the mustang into your USB Audio Interface
Has anyone been able to get 32-bit reverb to work on JK vocal channel with the Mac client. I've tried many and do not get any effect on the channel.
Guitarist (NJ USA), Home Recording Enthusiast.  
Youtube channel HomeTracks: https://www.youtube.com/user/HomeTracks
JamKazam Chain: Strat > Avid Eleven Rack > Presonus Studio 192 > MacMini > Xfiniity (18mbps up, 600 mbps down)
I never could get Jamkazam to recognize the Voxengo 32-bit plugins. But found this site that has a bunch of free 32-bit ones. Got several working last night.

http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?m=VSTfx