• 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Audio Interfaces
Hold on to your M2, but for now, run with the Focusrite.

The MOTU compatibility with Big Sur is an old topic in this forum, but it still creates confusion for some reason.

I have a MOTU 828es, connected via Thunderbolt, to an i7 Mini running Catalina. The system latency is a steady 2.5ms. When MOTU releases their Big Sur driver(s), your M2 will be as fast or faster.
Steinberg UR44C with Windows 10 64-bit on Intel i7 3.0GHz w/USB 3.0; 3.3ms latency reported, works VERY well.
I can confirm that I've got a Soundcraft UI24R working with Windows and Mac as reported in the table. There is a trick to the routing setup.

I can add that I've also got a Soundcraft 12FX working with JK for two different configurations. Both configs are on Windows 10. Latency is 4.2 ms at 2.5 ms framesize.

The configurations are documented/diagrammed in a set of 4 slides. If you'd like a copy, please PM me. I did the docs for other members of my band who are considering the 12FX as their home mixer.

The first configuration is for a solo player using a separate chat channel. I love that I can switch out JK by just pressing one button (Master / USB Run 3/4).

The second config is for two players at the same site (as Covid restrictions are lifting). The config shows our bass player joining me (drummer). In this case, we have two chat microphones and two sets of headphones driven out of the 12FX. There are compromises: Bass and drums are mixed together; the headphones are single side only.
I have been using a PreSonus Studio 24c for over two years with no issues. (Windows 10 home for one year and Windows 11 home for one year, HP Intel Core i7 laptop)
Currently using Windows 11. I have used several interfaces over the years, some I still have some I don't. My oldest interface works better using WDM and use it rarely. My newst interface unfortunaly does not have ASIO drivers and works okay but mainly used for my iPhone. Of course the interfaces with ASIO drivers are best. This is my current list of interfaces in order of preferecne that I use with JK.

Zoom R4 96 kHz ASIO
iRig Keys I/O 48 kHz ASIO
Roland Edirol M-100FX 41 kHz WDM
TC Helicon Go Twin 48 kHz WDM