• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduction of Internet latency in sessions...
Agree with original posters comments. I am not expecting them to pull a rabbit out of the hat. I have contributed to the gofundme effort for a couple of reasons even though they say in so many words, they have something to try

https://www.gofundme.com/f/cy2fsq-keep-j...-improving

I have used the app since March and met some folks who have been using it for years. Sounds like the Devs at one point went back to their day jobs years ago and kept the lights on, and now the renewed interest and deman. My contribution is twofold for their efforts and my usage.  I take it on good faith they will make an effort to make things more stable.

What to do. Unless they can run a proprietary infrastructure and wire the planet with something like fiber-optic for music only, we’re are still left to sharing the same cables with everything else. And, I’m not sure if they own a satellite (lol).

In my case, as social isolation lifts it will ease the immediate concern since my playing partners are local. But in the long term, what I think needs to happen is; contracts need to be made with the ISPs to setup separate networks to customers specifically for musicians. This is the infrastructure part. In fact, I spoke with my ISP and ask if they had any sub-network we can pay for on a monthly basis so my music buddy and I could use it for playing. Think of it, no other internet traffic to content with.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reduction of Internet latency in sessions... - by GDJ - 05-25-2020, 03:56 PM