• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troubleshooting: isolating latency issues
Hi,
     I have been trying to use JamKazam to play with one other musician but the latency issues make it virtually unworkable.  He is using an electronic drum kit with a plug in on a mac and I am using a guitar and Mic through a Presonus Audiobox iTwo on a windows laptop.  We are both using WIFi but very close to the router.  When we try and play we can almost manage to play in time on slower songs but even then there is a noticeable variation in tempo and the faster the tempo the more unworkable it becomes.  When we connect we both have a green light on the latency indicator on our own connection but the Other person is showing as red. I have followed all the advice regarding improving performance at my end (apart from using wired connection as that is not available) as has he.  So my question is how do we identify what part of the connection is causing the problem.  When I worked in IT there was an ITIL process called the Technical Observation Post which was a way of tracing a fault by observing each element to isolate the problem, but I don’t know enough about Jamkazam and latency to do this.  
Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Chris Avery

Messages In This Thread
Troubleshooting: isolating latency issues - by Cavery1962 - 05-20-2020, 08:04 PM