• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New and not Tech savvy
Hi I'm new to online sessions and also new to using tech with music. I play Bodhran and various stringed instruments, I have a dynamic Yoga mic, Berhinger Xenyx 502. My PC has SSD is fast I have the option for using Linux or Windows 10 and I have a webcam that takes up a USB port and audio input separately. I also have a Bandlab Link analogue. I can set up Jamkazam upstairs from my computer using just the webcam and onboard mic but the latency is about 40ms which is far too long making me very unpopular as the drummer. I can improve on that by running a very long line through the house upstairs direct from my router but Windows settings only give me the option for a webcam or a mic? So the other day I set up downstairs on a cheap laptop, with on board camera, using my beringer and microphone and headphones watched all the videos, altered all the settings accordingly all was working fine in the test session but the minute I join the other musicians all I got was ear bleeding feedback I had to turn all the setting on the mixer down to virtually nothing. I couldn't hear them but they could not hear me swearing like a tropper. I've been thinking of getting a condenser mic that maybe I could use with the Bandlab link on my PC any thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
New and not Tech savvy - by cfbwey - 05-11-2020, 12:00 PM
RE: New and not Tech savvy - by Dimitri Muskens - 05-11-2020, 02:44 PM
RE: New and not Tech savvy - by cfbwey - 05-11-2020, 10:15 PM
RE: New and not Tech savvy - by Dimitri Muskens - 05-12-2020, 07:52 PM