• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Etiquette for Joining sessions ?
Generally, I like to pop in sessions and play with, or meet new people. The listen function doesn’t work, so if the session is open you may see me stop by for a visit.  I’ll pop in with a mic that’s working... and headphones. I’ll listen to what’s happening, and sometimes that’s for almost a whole song or jam.  I try to have my bass strings muted and show up quietly. Also, I try to have my gear setup up as well as possible.

Then, I’ll try to introduce myself when there is downtime.  If I hear music that I can’t hang with then I bounce., and that might be without playing a note.

If I see a Session that is already over 4 or 5 pieces, I’ll usually skip it.

If I see a bass player already in the session, then I’ll skip it as well. Sometimes you can’t tell, until you join the session. I’ll use the chat feature then and try not to step on any toes.

Lots of users don’t have there bios updated, and latency unknown is very common.  Often, I have no idea what instrument they are playing, what genre, or a location.

So, you kind of need to peek in to see what’s happening.  If people are reading this then please update your info... It really helps.

It is a bummer when someone crashes a session and you’ve got a good groove going on. . I’ve experienced it a few times and it’s like WTF.  Another bass came in one day just chugging eighth notes with no sense of what was being played. Not very cool.

And, if you are  looking for an Intermediate bass player hit me up. I’m game to groove thru some chord progressions playing roots, octaves, triads.

My handle is the same on the forum, and in the app. I’m in rural Colorado.

My 2 cents. I promise to be polite if you see me bouncing around sessions.

Peace.

Messages In This Thread
Etiquette for Joining sessions ? - by Cavery1962 - 05-02-2020, 09:40 AM
RE: Etiquette for Joining sessions ? - by Moose Hofer - 05-02-2020, 07:28 PM