• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can I do about very poor latency?
Hello all.  I am a new user to JamKazam, and my technical skills are limited.  I would love to use JamKazam to jam with friends, on guitar primarily, but my latency appears to be very poor, it is consistently 79.8, or red.  Jitter in and out are green, as is gear driver.  However, frame size is also red, at 40 ms.  When I play with my friend, or play along with a jam track, there is a noticeable lag, which is very frustrating.

I am using a Windows laptop with Windows 10 (v 1903), processor is i7 6560U CPU, @ 2.2 Ghz, 16 gigs of RAM.  I am using, for now, the built in mic, and an ethernet cable, download speed 45.59 mbps, upload 5.0 mbps.

My question is this: what are the things I can do to improve (reduce) my latency?  Are there settings on my computer I can adjust, or is there equipment that I need to get?  Would an interface device improve my latency?  If I use an interface for my guitar, can I still use my computer's built in mic to talk to my jamming partner, or will I also have to buy an external mic?

If someone can make any suggestions to help me improve my JamKazam experience, I would be extremely grateful.  With the current coronavirus situation, this is the best way I can think of to keep playing music with other people, which is helping me to keep sane during this difficult time in all our lives! 

Joe
Oceanside, CA

Messages In This Thread
What can I do about very poor latency? - by threewanderers - 04-20-2020, 09:35 PM