• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quick start group session?
Would love to see a quick start group session option.  

I only play with my band and it is a pain to have to keep setting up new sessions for us to start playing.  I would love to see an option at the end of a session setup to save the session for "quick start".  This would be set up just like a normal group session so you could specify who is invited, who can join, etc.  Then you just save it in the last window.  Then when you go to the main session window you will see your "quick start" or "saved" session ready to join.  Maybe with an option to automatically re-invite the same people into the session to make it easy.  So to get into a "new" session with your band (for example) all you have to do is go to the sessions page and click on the saved session.  That's it!  Two clicks and you are playing music!

This would be problematic for recordings and sharing I assume, but if people just want to play with a set group of people and nothing else this would be a huge time saver and make everything much easier.  

---------------
An alternative (and possibly better) way to do this would be to set up a group / band.  Within the band setup would be an option to "create a band session template".  That is where you setup you basic session and save it for future use.  You then will have an option from the main session window to "start a new band session".  Then have two options:

1) "Quick start", which could simply use a date and number to differentiate the sessions.  So if you do one session today it would be named "2020-04-20_1".  If you did a second session today it would be named "2020-04-20_2".  When you select that option it would automatically invite the rest of the group / band to join the session.  

2) "Custom", which would have options for a custom session name, recording, youtube sharing, inviting additional people, or making it an open session.  I envision this as a single window with checkboxes or something.  The idea being to provide fast access to modify the session options as quickly as possible and get to the music!  No one likes dealing with menus and setup when you are trying to play music.   

This would be a huge improvement and help to make the experience faster and easier for bands, which is likely the majority of new members right now.

Messages In This Thread
Quick start group session? - by djs - 04-20-2020, 01:39 PM
RE: Quick start group session? - by djs - 04-21-2020, 03:50 PM
RE: Quick start group session? - by weiaba01 - 06-05-2020, 04:10 PM
RE: Quick start group session? - by Mark_F - 06-06-2020, 11:48 PM
RE: Quick start group session? - by CPGleadall - 11-07-2020, 02:26 PM