• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network test failed
(04-13-2020, 02:56 PM)jcmartin3@rocketmail.com Wrote: I've set up the network as suggested, making sure UDP ports 12000-12010 (overkill, I know) are not changed, and are allowed back in and forwarded to the correct computer.  I grabbed a packet capture of a network test when I was finally able to run one. I saw no packets going out using this UDP port range. I did, however, see STUN traffic, so I did the same with the standard STUN UDP port, reran the test, and it still failed.  I see STUN traffic going to one server (74.125.192.127) and I'm getting replies. I then see it change to another server (63.114.108.101) and I'm getting ICMP port unreachable messages back from it. It continues to send STUN binding requests to both addresses, still getting binding responses from the first and ICMP port unreachable messages from the second. It then switches to sending TCP traffic to 45.79.61.39, first on port 6767 then on 80 (http). At that point the test ends and I get the failure message.  If you need me to send a copy of the Wireshark packet capture, send me an email and I can forward it along.

Thanks,
John
This is the only thread so far that mentions STUN.  When I first boot-up my ASUS laptop (2013)  I get a message saying that the STUN test failed.  Sometimes I also get a message that something has not be able to bind with the  UPD port 12000. I do have those set in the router as described above.

How do I determine if "are not changed, and are allowed back in and forwarded to the correct computer."?
How do I grab " a packet capture of a network test"?
Where would I see STUN traffic?--and how do I perform the same test as described above.

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface

I am no engineer.  I am a professional musician, violinist and other strings, experienced across multiple genre's trying to keep my musical life and that of my students going.  My goal is an online orchestra.  It is desperately needed.  I know it is far away as of yet.  However, I am fearless at trying tech things, and trying to understand them.  I am in the weeds here.  Profoundly.

I would appreciate some encouragement and or advice.  Thanks, LisaJo

Messages In This Thread
Network test failed - by jcmartin3@rocketmail.com - 04-13-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: Network test failed - by Dimitri Muskens - 04-13-2020, 03:01 PM
RE: Network test failed - by Dimitri Muskens - 04-13-2020, 03:28 PM
RE: Network test failed - by Patrice Brousseau - 04-13-2020, 06:52 PM
RE: Network test failed - by LisaJo Borchers - 07-15-2020, 07:47 PM
RE: Network test failed - by LisaJo Borchers - 07-15-2020, 08:45 PM
RE: Network test failed - by LisaJo Borchers - 07-15-2020, 09:12 PM