• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up buffer size with Presonus AudioBox
(05-10-2020, 05:00 PM)Josch Wrote: Thanks to Tom Dill, this was very helpfull. My StudioLive 24R works now with JamKazam. I figured out an easy method to let the audio test fail and get into the "tweet stettings"- menu.
1. open Universal Control
2. start the dialog to add a new audio gear in JamKazam
3. After choosing the ASIO-driver for the 24R, JamKazam first is testing the latency and then testing the in- and output-Jitter. This test takes 10s. Change the buffersize in Universal Control to 2048 before the Jitter-Test passed. This will let the Jitter-Test fail and you get the link to the "tweet settings".
4. As Tom Dill wrote, select "slow" which will adjust a buffersize of 128 and a framesize of 10ms in the ASIO driver. "Moderate" will udjust a buffersize of 256 and a framesize of 5ms.
5. When you are in a session yo can change back the framesize to 2.5 ms in the "audio boost"-menu

I hope this will help some presonus-user
Thanks a million for this. This has let me fix the occasional input/output jitter problems I was having with my audiobox USB 96. Everything was generally green, but I would get an occasional pop in my headphones and then both the jitter lights would go red - 30, 60, even 100ms, just for a second or two. Even on my own in a private session it was very obvious - and the metronome became seriously uneven. With these settings, I now have slightly greater latency, but still just under 10ms, but without the occasional catastrophic hold-ups.

This is on Windows 7. On my Macbook pro, I don't seem to have these problems. Neither machine is particularly new.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Setting up buffer size with Presonus AudioBox - by terryh - 10-24-2020, 06:02 PM